Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metoprolol

Re: Metoprolol

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    No worries, hi jack away. Glad you got your meds. Last thing you want is high bp.
    Thanks brother. I was 156/93 yesterday at the drs office. She updated my prescription and gave me 90 days worth. My goal in 90 days is to not need them anymore.

I have never been that high , What did they give you? ...unfortunately you are looking at a crash to get it under control
    tired and maybe even a headache . but you got to get it down... that high it causes all sorts of problems and stresses on the body.

I was at like 150/105 and worse and better. Unfortunately, mine never improved even with diet and exercise. My heart rate was over 100 and up to 110 resting all day long. I take Losartan at 25 mg a day. Along with the Renexa and metaprolol. Plus Lipitor. And 200 mg test every two weeks. But I bumped that to 500 every week.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    I was at like 150/105 and worse and better. Unfortunately, mine never improved even with diet and exercise. My heart rate was over 100 and up to 110 resting all day long. I take Losartan at 25 mg a day. Along with the Renexa and metaprolol. Plus Lipitor. And 200 mg test every two weeks. But I bumped that to 500 every week.
    I've been higher than that... not bragging, I'm sure you know. The highest my heart has been was 116 I believe. Kinda scary. I'm on 50mg Losartan daily, it seems to help quite a bit. I'm already feeling like I'm coming "down", but it will take a few more days to be fully working. That's all I'm taking, minus the cyp I'm taking weekly.

I'm down 25 pounds since March 19th. This morning I weighed in at 339 pounds and I'm going to try and drop the 9 pound by August 13th. I figure since I'm still fat enough, I can lose a couple extra more pounds than a skinny person. When/If I get to 300, I HOPE it lowers by BP and I can get off meds.

I'm glad you are doing better chesty, I want you around forever.

Thanks brother. Hope you hit your goal. I want to shed about 50 lbs will put me at 190 or so. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to come off meds but at least I will be healthier I. The long run as I approach the golden years. Yuk did I say that?
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

My wife is on me to prolog. Has nights where she is at 90/55 and days after work 150/105+ scare the duck out of me

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My cardiologist was worried cause my bp was now like 70/40 sitting down. He had me stop the Losartan I was taking at 10mg along with the metaprolol and Renexa. Once I did my hands stopped falling asleep I was better able to stay awake and have some energy. BP is now text book heart is now avg 70-75 except when exercising instead of 119 resting. Woo hoo. Chest pains are all but gone too.

Crazy thing is is my feeling of constant adrenaline is gone. In fact, I don't get an adrenaline rush anymore which is a bit freightening because I seem to take more chances now cause I know I won't get that crazy feeling when adrenaline would dump in mass all at once.