Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't lose weight

Re: Can't lose weight

The red meat seems to be heavy in my gut so I have all but cut it out. I generally respond well to high protein and fats and no carbs as well. This time I am keeping carbs from fruits and Hulu vegetables for a while. Once I get my gut to stop puffing out I will stop the carbs. Breads and pastas are the he worst for me. Not only cause they blow my gut up, but I love em. So have to remind myself to not give in.

I found out out my oxygen saturation levels are 90% so this most likely why I am out of gas all the time.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Can't lose weight

What has worked best for me in the past and what I am about to get back into since my recovery from surgery is at a point now where I'm less limited in the gym.

(Body Weight - 10 %) x 13 = Total Calorie Intake

(Body Weight - 10 %) x 1.5 = Gram of Protein Daily Macro

(Body Weight - 10 %) x .45 = Gram of Fats Daily Macro

(Daily Protein Macro x 4) + (Daily Fats Macro x 9) = Total Calories from Proteins and Fat

(Total Calorie Intake - Total Calories from Proteins and Fats) / 4 = Grams of Carbs Daily Macro

Add those macros up over a period of seven days and cycle the carbs up and down daily and adjusting fats up and down daily to compensate for the carb cycling.

I try my best to get as close as I can to my weekly totals.

After two weeks of the weight loss or measurements are not where I want them to be for fat loss / muscle retention I will adjust the % I knock off my Total Body weight up or down and readjust macros.

(Edit: This exact procedure took me from 426 to 227 and 47% BF to 18% BF in 16 months)

(2nd Edit: Shoulder Injury and lack of keeping myself on track has me back up to 269 and 24% BF)

Only gear I am going to run while getting back down to where I was before is 1ml-1.5ml Sustanon Weekly and 50mg Proviron daily.
    Last edited by Lunchbox; 08-11-2016 at 10:57 AM.
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    What has worked best for me in the past and what I am about to get back into since my recovery from surgery is at a point now where I'm less limited in the gym.

(Body Weight - 10 %) x 13 = Total Calorie Intake

(Body Weight - 10 %) x 1.5 = Gram of Protein Daily Macro

(Body Weight - 10 %) x .45 = Gram of Fats Daily Macro

(Daily Protein Macro x 4) + (Daily Fats Macro x 9) = Total Calories from Proteins and Fat

(Total Calorie Intake - Total Calories from Proteins and Fats) / 4 = Grams of Carbs Daily Macro

Add those macros up over a period of seven days and cycle the carbs up and down daily and adjusting fats up and down daily to compensate for the carb cycling.

I try my best to get as close as I can to my weekly totals.

After two weeks of the weight loss or measurements are not where I want them to be for fat loss / muscle retention I will adjust the % I knock off my Total Body weight up or down and readjust macros.

(Edit: This exact procedure took me from 426 to 227 and 47% BF to 18% BF in 16 months)

(2nd Edit: Shoulder Injury and lack of keeping myself on track has me back up to 269 and 24% BF)

Only gear I am going to run while getting back down to where I was before is 1ml-1.5ml Sustanon Weekly and 50mg Proviron daily.
    Excellent post!

Can you explain this part in more detail please:

DISCLAIMER: "Encino_Mang" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Nothing posted by Encino_Mang should be considered a statement of fact. Encino_Mang talks big looking for acceptance because everyone pointed, laughed and called him ugly names. He is also generally untrustworthy and unpopular with the women's. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Encino_Mang View Post
    Excellent post!

Can you explain this part in more detail please:

Sure..

First off my Total Calorie Intake equation. Scale of 10-15. 10 being a totally sedentary lifestyle and 15 being a professional athlete. I put my number at 13 which around about equates to a sedentary work lifestyle but 5 days in the gym a week with intense workouts lasting 60-90 minutes. I want to eat a small caloric deficit so i subtract 10% from my total BW.

So in my case right now:

(269lbs-10%) x 13 = 3159 Calories Daily

Protein equation - General consensus is to keep protein intake at 1G per BW but since I am carb sensitive and I want to help retain as much muscle mass while on a caloric deficit i use 1.5G Protein per BW. Proteins equate for 4 Calories per Gram.

(269lbs-10%) x 1.5 = 365G Protein Daily x 4 = 1460 Calories from Protein

Fat equation - General consensus is to have a range from .3-.6 grams of fat per body weight. The higher the number here the lower your carb intake will be and the lower number here the higher your carb intake will be. I like mid range when starting a recomp diet and adjust when necessary. Fats equate to 9 calories per gram.

(269lbs-10%) x.45 = 110G Fat Daily x 9 = 990 Calories from Fat

Carb equation - Take your total calorie intake subtract your calories from protein and calories from fat and that leaves you with you calories from carbs for the remainder of the day. Carbs equate to 4 calories per gram.

(3159-1460-990) = 709 Calories / 4 = 177G Carbs Daily

Macros are:
    Protein - 365
    Fats - 110
    Carbs - 177

If you want to carb cycle you have to adjust your fats up or down to account for the increase or decrease in macros/calories in the carbs.

Monday: Protein 365 / Fats 110 / Carbs 177. Basic daily macros

Tuesday: Protein 365 / Fats 70 / Carbs 267
    Here I have increased my carb intake for the day by 50% (90G). So you n eed to make that up by lowering fats.
    90G x 4Cal = 360Cal / 9 (Cal per G of Fats) = 40. So 110G - 40G = 70G

Wednesday: Protein 365 / Fats 169 / Carbs 44
    Here I have dropped my carb intake by 75% (132G) so I need to increase my fats to make up for the macros/calories lost from the change in carbs.
    132G x 4Cal = 528Cal / 9 (Cal per G of Fats) = 59. So 110 + 59 = 169

With the caloric values of Protein = 4, Fats = 9 and Carbs = 4 you can add up any of the equations this way and see that I am always hitting my caloric intake for the day at 3158 Calories but doing so by adjusting my macros and properly carb cycling.

If after two weeks I feel that the 10% reduction in BW is to much or to little for my goals I will adjust macros accordingly or if there is a possibility I will adjust workouts accordingly to best suit a body recomp.

Hope this helps explain it!

Lunchie

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Sure..

First off my Total Calorie Intake equation. Scale of 10-15. 10 being a totally sedentary lifestyle and 15 being a professional athlete. I put my number at 13 which around about equates to a sedentary work lifestyle but 5 days in the gym a week with intense workouts lasting 60-90 minutes. I want to eat a small caloric deficit so i subtract 10% from my total BW.

So in my case right now:

(269lbs-10%) x 13 = 3159 Calories Daily

Protein equation - General consensus is to keep protein intake at 1G per BW but since I am carb sensitive and I want to help retain as much muscle mass while on a caloric deficit i use 1.5G Protein per BW. Proteins equate for 4 Calories per Gram.

(269lbs-10%) x 1.5 = 365G Protein Daily x 4 = 1460 Calories from Protein

Fat equation - General consensus is to have a range from .3-.6 grams of fat per body weight. The higher the number here the lower your carb intake will be and the lower number here the higher your carb intake will be. I like mid range when starting a recomp diet and adjust when necessary. Fats equate to 9 calories per gram.

(269lbs-10%) x.45 = 110G Fat Daily x 9 = 990 Calories from Fat

Carb equation - Take your total calorie intake subtract your calories from protein and calories from fat and that leaves you with you calories from carbs for the remainder of the day. Carbs equate to 4 calories per gram.

(3159-1460-990) = 709 Calories / 4 = 177G Carbs Daily

Macros are:
    Protein - 365
    Fats - 110
    Carbs - 177

If you want to carb cycle you have to adjust your fats up or down to account for the increase or decrease in macros/calories in the carbs.

Monday: Protein 365 / Fats 110 / Carbs 177. Basic daily macros

Tuesday: Protein 365 / Fats 70 / Carbs 267
    Here I have increased my carb intake for the day by 50% (90G). So you n eed to make that up by lowering fats.
    90G x 4Cal = 360Cal / 9 (Cal per G of Fats) = 40. So 110G - 40G = 70G

Wednesday: Protein 365 / Fats 169 / Carbs 44
    Here I have dropped my carb intake by 75% (132G) so I need to increase my fats to make up for the macros/calories lost from the change in carbs.
    132G x 4Cal = 528Cal / 9 (Cal per G of Fats) = 59. So 110 + 59 = 169

With the caloric values of Protein = 4, Fats = 9 and Carbs = 4 you can add up any of the equations this way and see that I am always hitting my caloric intake for the day at 3158 Calories but doing so by adjusting my macros and properly carb cycling.

If after two weeks I feel that the 10% reduction in BW is to much or to little for my goals I will adjust macros accordingly or if there is a possibility I will adjust workouts accordingly to best suit a body recomp.

Hope this helps explain it!

Lunchie
    Holy shit I'll read this later. Like 89 times....
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Very,very good info here!!! Now if I can only understand it! Thanks LB!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Very,very good info here!!! Now if I can only understand it! Thanks LB!
    If you have specific questions let me know or post some basic stats and I'll give you a break down for bulking or cutting.

(Bulking is a different equation that I use but same basic principal)

Keep in mind so many variables are individually specific and no diet equation is a one size fits all.

What I have is a good start and is easily adjustable along the way for personalized experience.

Thanks LB! I appreciate it!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

I will hit you up later...have clients I am working with that I will use this for, the only problem is they want me to tell them exactly what to eat lol...
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    I will hit you up later...have clients I am working with that I will use this for, the only problem is they want me to tell them exactly what to eat lol...
    Yea screw that!!!

The handful of guys I've helped I give the Macros to and some suggested servings of certain foods, I'll adjust with them if they write down everything they eat but no way am I building a complete meal plan.

They have to have some drive in the equation!!

SIDE NOTE. My Macros + phone app is the best app in the world to track specific macros. Has a barcode system in the app. Just scan and adjust serving size and BOOM!!