Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't lose weight

Re: Can't lose weight

Here are some screen shots from the App for my counts yesterday and today.

Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

What is the name of the app? And the diet you have outlines is pretty much what I call the cave man diet. It works really well and you have a lot of detail on it that really helps.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    What is the name of the app? And the diet you have outlines is pretty much what I call the cave man diet. It works really well and you have a lot of detail on it that really helps.
    My Macros Plus cost 2.99 but it is well worth it in my opinion.

Cool thanks!
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Sure..

First off my Total Calorie Intake equation. Scale of 10-15. 10 being a totally sedentary lifestyle and 15 being a professional athlete. I put my number at 13 which around about equates to a sedentary work lifestyle but 5 days in the gym a week with intense workouts lasting 60-90 minutes. I want to eat a small caloric deficit so i subtract 10% from my total BW.

So in my case right now:

(269lbs-10%) x 13 = 3159 Calories Daily

Protein equation - General consensus is to keep protein intake at 1G per BW but since I am carb sensitive and I want to help retain as much muscle mass while on a caloric deficit i use 1.5G Protein per BW. Proteins equate for 4 Calories per Gram.

(269lbs-10%) x 1.5 = 365G Protein Daily x 4 = 1460 Calories from Protein

Fat equation - General consensus is to have a range from .3-.6 grams of fat per body weight. The higher the number here the lower your carb intake will be and the lower number here the higher your carb intake will be. I like mid range when starting a recomp diet and adjust when necessary. Fats equate to 9 calories per gram.

(269lbs-10%) x.45 = 110G Fat Daily x 9 = 990 Calories from Fat

Carb equation - Take your total calorie intake subtract your calories from protein and calories from fat and that leaves you with you calories from carbs for the remainder of the day. Carbs equate to 4 calories per gram.

(3159-1460-990) = 709 Calories / 4 = 177G Carbs Daily

Macros are:
    Protein - 365
    Fats - 110
    Carbs - 177

If you want to carb cycle you have to adjust your fats up or down to account for the increase or decrease in macros/calories in the carbs.

Monday: Protein 365 / Fats 110 / Carbs 177. Basic daily macros

Tuesday: Protein 365 / Fats 70 / Carbs 267
    Here I have increased my carb intake for the day by 50% (90G). So you n eed to make that up by lowering fats.
    90G x 4Cal = 360Cal / 9 (Cal per G of Fats) = 40. So 110G - 40G = 70G

Wednesday: Protein 365 / Fats 169 / Carbs 44
    Here I have dropped my carb intake by 75% (132G) so I need to increase my fats to make up for the macros/calories lost from the change in carbs.
    132G x 4Cal = 528Cal / 9 (Cal per G of Fats) = 59. So 110 + 59 = 169

With the caloric values of Protein = 4, Fats = 9 and Carbs = 4 you can add up any of the equations this way and see that I am always hitting my caloric intake for the day at 3158 Calories but doing so by adjusting my macros and properly carb cycling.

If after two weeks I feel that the 10% reduction in BW is to much or to little for my goals I will adjust macros accordingly or if there is a possibility I will adjust workouts accordingly to best suit a body recomp.

Hope this helps explain it!

Lunchie
    Thank you for going into detail.........sometimes I need things in very simple terms..........I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things
    DISCLAIMER: "Encino_Mang" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Nothing posted by Encino_Mang should be considered a statement of fact. Encino_Mang talks big looking for acceptance because everyone pointed, laughed and called him ugly names. He is also generally untrustworthy and unpopular with the women's. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Your smart u just don't know it.

Cheat weekend over time to figure out req'd calories and go for broke. Also got to stop taking the Losartan, blood pressure was getting too low. Probably why no energy. But my 02 saturation levels are still low at between 90 to 95%. 90 is definitely too low. Staying on the metaprolol for fast heartbeat and Renexa for chest pains. Got a new precription for reflux something called protonics. Seems to work.