Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't lose weight

Can't lose weight

So when I go one a pre contest diet do the cardio etc weight doesn't come off. I eat like crap weight doesn't change. I'm really fed up. I'm at 250 and want to be 190. My god given weight out of high school was 156. So 190 was and would be a good weight. 250 is way too much!

Any thoughts? I am ready to be light again!
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

V.I.P.

Re: Can't lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    So when I go one a pre contest diet do the cardio etc weight doesn't come off. I eat like crap weight doesn't change. I'm really fed up. I'm at 250 and want to be 190. My god given weight out of high school was 156. So 190 was and would be a good weight. 250 is way too much!

Any thoughts? I am ready to be light again!
    Are you tracking your numbers daily? Protein, carbs, fats, total calories, every day? If so post up the numbers and I am sure we can come up with some slight changes.

I know you have been in the game for a long while, so I am guessing most of your diet is based on just repetition and feel. I have found when I hit plataues either losing or gaining, that I need to go back to tracking everything daily and after 2 weeks it usually becomes obvious where I need to make a change once I have my actuals on paper.

I hate tracking every day as I find it to be a pain in my ass, but I force myself to do it, when stuck in a period of no change.

Ltyson

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah I can post up my numbers. Do it this weekend. Part of what I found is first time ever I had high protein moderate carbs low fats and that worked. After a couple times it didn't. Then I did high protein high no carbs (under 50 a day) and that worked pretty good a couple times. Now it seems none of those work.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

High protein moderate fat low carb always works for me, have to remember we aren't 20 anymore and our body's respond slower. Put up some numbers and we will all pitch in and try and help.

V.I.P.

The reason I mention tracking everything for a minimum of two weeks, is that even if you think your diet is fairly consistent, tracking for two weeks will usually show where you are fluctuating day over day and make you see areas of opportunity that you had not seen or thought you were hitting already. Anything shorter than that and you tend to not get the full picture.

Then it is just a question of adjusting the numbers to get the desired results, and tracking those daily to make sure you got them every day.

Ltyson

Quote Originally Posted by ltyson View Post
    Are you tracking your numbers daily? Protein, carbs, fats, total calories, every day? If so post up the numbers and I am sure we can come up with some slight changes.

I know you have been in the game for a long while, so I am guessing most of your diet is based on just repetition and feel. I have found when I hit plataues either losing or gaining, that I need to go back to tracking everything daily and after 2 weeks it usually becomes obvious where I need to make a change once I have my actuals on paper.

I hate tracking every day as I find it to be a pain in my ass, but I force myself to do it, when stuck in a period of no change.

Ltyson

I recall u getting jacked as hell when fit guru had that contest going. The diligence pays off !
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

So my protein is at 150 to 250 gems a day, fats around 50 gems and carbs are way to high at 400 gms. I need to be consistantly in eatimg. Some days it's three meals some it's 5. My job is making it a pain plus I spend two hours a day on the road on my Harley to and from work. And then this medicine wipes me out. I start the week with lots of energy but by day two I am zapped. Once I get going I'm ok but it is really hard. It's not a I need sleep type loss of energy, it's different. Plus my strength is not what it used to be and my flexibility is not either. I can do cardio though no problem, but walk up a flight of stairs and I'm out of breath.

What at I need I think is a dietician and a trainer/coach. Neith of which I can afford. And I need to work less.

Ok, there you have it. Now I need to get something that will work in the above parameters. 60 lbs is my goal. That puts me at 190. I'm not fat, at least externally, I am big,but need to cut down to 190 and remain there long term.

So I have cut out red meat. Have three or four protein shakes a day with fruit and nuts mixed in. Use my ninja extractor and I have a salad a day. Plus I make my own soups like tomato using the ninja. So far bloating is down, no breads, pastas, etc either. I am hoping the somewhat distended abdomen goes down too.

I do do cardio and I sweat like a pig, never did that before and I lift moderate weights. Been a week not hard to follow,will have to wait a few weeks see if it is working.

Chesty, why did you cut out red meat?

I would say more protein and fats less carbs, I know everyone is different I actually feel better without starchy carbs.