Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuggered my shoulder

Fuggered my shoulder

Ok this has not been the best year of my life injury wise. Nuff said.
    Recently I am finding that I have yet again screwed my right (once repaired) shoulder. So I am thinking do away with bench, either all together or for a year or so.
    The thing is I get such dam gr8 results from good ol flat bench press.
    But as a replacement I am gonna try Gironda CHEST dips.
    http://ironguru.com/vince-gironda-dips

I did this a couple years back and at least maintained what I had.
    I am hoping that I can gain some this time around. I keep forgetting that even doing the dips weightless I getting the benefit of at least 200 lbs. I weigh 250 so am guessing 25 lbs for each arm???
    I have found that anything that I do on the bench/incline just hurts like a mofo.
    Anybody have any thoughts or wanna discuss, jump in.
    Last edited by zedhed; 07-20-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Stay away from flat bench press!! That's your body saying stop. If the dips are working for you and don't hurt your shoulder then I would continue them. Concentrate on flat flies and incline flies as long as it doesn't hurt your shoulder. your chest is designed to pull your arms across your body anyway so doing flies is your best benefit.

Re: Fuggered my shoulder

I got a bad shoulder also and stay away from barbell benching. Like Cane said dumbells and I all hit the cables for chest also.

Thanks bros!

V.I.P.
    Zed I fucking love the gironda dips. There are several key things with them. U must have a v shaped dip station. I will give u a gift brother. It's a sketch the legend Vince himself drew up of these dips. Lots of key details.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342829540.664960.jpg

Now since your shoulder hurts I might say don't try then Larry's way. Larry's way there are even more crucial tricks. U must pronate the hands just right. If u really want I'll dig up the video of the legend himself doing them. Here is a teaser of him doing them. Note his hand position. By rotating the hands really takes the triceps out of the picture. Vince came up with this idea for Larry. It's pure gold. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342829929.997666.jpg

V.I.P.
    Ps. I almost forgot the most important thing. This will take some playing with the movement. U want to push up with all with your chest pretend your arms are not even there. Once u get it down u will feel it right away and be like man that magical and jerk off on the dip station lol.

Ps these are hard as hell I can do reg dips with a 45 & a 25 on a good day.

Gironda dips not a chance! Man status

I have a few more Larry and Vince tricks up my sleeve but they are very advanced and not or a weak shoulder. I will start doing them next week.

Lol just realized u had that link in your post.

Arabian

Good luck buddy, let it heal.

I have a nagging left shoulder problem that used to bother the hell out of me while I did bb bench presses, but now I warm my shoulders up extremely well before I even start my routine with flys and since I've been doing this my shoulder has not bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Stay away from flat bench press!! That's your body saying stop. If the dips are working for you and don't hurt your shoulder then I would continue them. Concentrate on flat flies and incline flies as long as it doesn't hurt your shoulder. your chest is designed to pull your arms across your body anyway so doing flies is your best benefit.
    ditto

I had shoulder surgery in '09 and i havent done flat bench any heavier than 135 since then. Just not worth the risk in my opinion.