Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuggered my shoulder

Re: Fuggered my shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschooliron View Post
    Zed I fucking love the gironda dips. There are several key things with them. U must have a v shaped dip station. I will give u a gift brother. It's a sketch the legend Vince himself drew up of these dips. Lots of key details.
    Attachment 134

Now since your shoulder hurts I might say don't try then Larry's way. Larry's way there are even more crucial tricks. U must pronate the hands just right. If u really want I'll dig up the video of the legend himself doing them. Here is a teaser of him doing them. Note his hand position. By rotating the hands really takes the triceps out of the picture. Vince came up with this idea for Larry. It's pure gold. Attachment 135
    Hmm bro. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I never caught the pronated hands. I dont have the V bar setup. What I do is use 2 sawhorses with 33" center to center. But I could put them at a V configuration.

V.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    Hmm bro. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I never caught the pronated hands. I dont have the V bar setup. What I do is use 2 sawhorses with 33" center to center. But I could put them at a V configuration.
    Honestly I prefer Vince's way to Larry's. Larry's seem to inflame my shoulder. I was going to try Larry's way again on Sunday and see how I feel. Lemme dig up that video of Larry doing it his way. The pronation of the hands/wrists is crucial.

I literally spoke to Larry on the phone by accident one day when I was ordering a cd from his company. He was so kind and shared tons of info. He went on to say by facing the palms out u change to the bicep over tricep and the bicep has a direct chest tie in. u also prevent the tricep from overpowering the move.

I have a dip /pull up station at home and I modified the bolt holes to achieve the v shape. The golds I go to doesn't have the v shape and I find this really makes a diff....u can rotate the hands to simulate a v setup to a small degree.

I also really agree warming up my shoulders before chest has helped a great deal! I just grab some #15 lb dumbs or so and do like 2-3 sets of ohp 20-25 reps with some rotated cuff moves as well then I go to chest.
    Last edited by Oldschooliron; 07-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.

V.I.P.
    Zed----here ya go. The legend himself in action. Fast forward to like 4:05 iirc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3pbV...e_gdata_player

Here is lee priest showing vince's way or like a banana as he calls it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnVS...e_gdata_player

Thanks a ton for the help here bro!

V.I.P.
    My pleasure zed

I wish he would have given more of an explanation on the incline flys...

V.I.P.
    Iirc that fly video is continued on the 2nd video of that series.

That's my only beef with that video series. Some of the exercises he doesn't do them but couches those ppl. I'd rather he did them all. He puts a lot of interesting tweaks on everything he does. Check out how he rotates his scapula in the back stuff. Crazy!!

Will do bro and thanks.

Ok yesterday I did some new for me chest work. This guy is kinda lame but he knows his shit as you can see from his bod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQ_P..._embedded#t=0s

Also floor presses with Dbls are working without too much pain and last but not least incline flys with Dbls.

jeeze where is everybody???

Anyway been taking a few days off and my shoulder feels pretty good so time to start working again with the above in place.
    Ready or not will keep you all posted.