Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone's Wife or GF carry a gun?

Re: Anyone's Wife or GF carry a gun?

Bought my wife a hammerless Smith and Wesson 38+P that she carries with her at all times.... anyone tries to mess with her or my girls it's game over. I keep some cash put back for my lawyer in case any of that ever were to happen. 😊

I carry my xd mod 2 9mm and my wife just recently purchased a S&W shield but she hasn't taken the class yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    U know anyplace to get scrap steel cheap around here? Does that range on Decatur have steel? Heard they are dicks there? Lol.
    Looks like we live in the same city! There's a few guys that make their own steel targets for a decent price. Even ordering online is a good option. I want to get one of those rubber dummies to train with.

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    I used to have a .308. Also a 300 winmag and wetherby. With a .308 I am good to around 1200-1500 meters, winmag/wetherby maybe 2000 meters. I will check back when ready for AR. I like Bushmaster, not sure about no carry handle or front site though. If I can get those as a removable option when I want I might consider that. Do want a 1:7 twist H-bar, maybe in an m4 version but do like full size as well.
    Damn you can punch out pretty far with your 308 and 300win! Im our back up DDM and personally I can efficiently and effectively hit my target tipping out at 1000 pending angle and other things...But I like to keep it at 800-900...And obviously 300win Ill punch out slightly further then that..

I can see why you want a old school carry handle and fixed front site...I mean you do have Lieutenant General Puller as your pic, which he has some General Patton blood running in him...Those are some old school hard ass motherfuckers!!...Back on subject..There is no reason "carry handle" anymore, also I would go with flip up BUIS (back up iron sights) instead of fixed front sight...Also BCM makes some really good uppers. There have a selection of barrels to choose from wether buying a complete upper or just the barrel. I run there flutted enhanced lightweight barrel on most of my ARs. They have taken some serious abuse and high rate of fire, never having problems...Also my barrel lengths range from 10.5" to 16", mostly of them are 14.5 and 16.

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by My dick in a box View Post
    Looks like we live in the same city! There's a few guys that make their own steel targets for a decent price. Even ordering online is a good option. I want to get one of those rubber dummies to train with.
    Small world! I have a rubber dummies, there are great actually. I need more. I use that in conjunction with steel. But nothing beats running paper when its a fundamentals and accuracy type of day...Ive used the dummy in cars, behind boulders, and shoot house...They are very useful. I want to fab up there stands myself, so I can just buy the actual rubber dummy part. Stand isn't worth buying from them...

Quote Originally Posted by My dick in a box View Post
    I think the pm system is down. Where do u know of with cheap steel? Online the shipping kills u at least the places I looked. If u have links that would be epic.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    Damn you can punch out pretty far with your 308 and 300win! Im our back up DDM and personally I can efficiently and effectively hit my target tipping out at 1000 pending angle and other things...But I like to keep it at 800-900...And obviously 300win Ill punch out slightly further then that..

I can see why you want a old school carry handle and fixed front site...I mean you do have Lieutenant General Puller as your pic, which he has some General Patton blood running in him...Those are some old school hard ass motherfuckers!!...Back on subject..There is no reason "carry handle" anymore, also I would go with flip up BUIS (back up iron sights) instead of fixed front sight...Also BCM makes some really good uppers. There have a selection of barrels to choose from wether buying a complete upper or just the barrel. I run there flutted enhanced lightweight barrel on most of my ARs. They have taken some serious abuse and high rate of fire, never having problems...Also my barrel lengths range from 10.5" to 16", mostly of them are 14.5 and 16.

Yeah,
    I can get out there, but I will need practice as it has been a while. I was looking at one set up with flip up iron sights, as long as I have those then I am good. Hate not having good old fashioned aiming system, like having a real compass and knowing land nav instead of relying on gps like most people do these days.

I am gonna be looking at building one I hope in the next month, along with getting a Ruger Vaquero in 45. Then on to a long rifle and some more semi-autos.

On the AR15, I am used to a full barrel length, for the A2 that had an effective range of 800 meters. I would routinely shoot to 500 meters with iron sights, expert rifleman in the Marines. I have been contemplating something like an M4. Bushmaster has some pre made ones look really good. I am looking to set it up similar to the special forces version, but better. I like Trijicon's ACOG so I will most likely get one, so long as it doesn't break the bank.

if you have time, a parts list of what you would use for rifle components would be helpful in building this weapon.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...d=TA31RCO-M4CP
    Last edited by chesty; 10-14-2016 at 11:30 PM.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I think the pm system is down. Where do u know of with cheap steel? Online the shipping kills u at least the places I looked. If u have links that would be epic.
    Here bro, this company is local to us..If you plan on ordering, Ill ordering some as well and get a better deal for us. One of my good buddies knows the owner.

Link: http://gotgun.us

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Yeah,
    I can get out there, but I will need practice as it has been a while. I was looking at one set up with flip up iron sights, as long as I have those then I am good. Hate not having good old fashioned aiming system, like having a real compass and knowing land nav instead of relying on gps like most people do these days.

I am gonna be looking at building one I hope in the next month, along with getting a Ruger Vaquero in 45. Then on to a long rifle and some more semi-autos.

On the AR15, I am used to a full barrel length, for the A2 that had an effective range of 800 meters. I would routinely shoot to 500 meters with iron sights, expert rifleman in the Marines. I have been contemplating something like an M4. Bushmaster has some pre made ones look really good. I am looking to set it up similar to the special forces version, but better. I like Trijicon's ACOG so I will most likely get one, so long as it doesn't break the bank.

if you have time, a parts list of what you would use for rifle components would be helpful in building this weapon.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...d=TA31RCO-M4CP

I agree every AR/AK should have BUIS. All mine do...I was issued a A2 once as well..I was Army not Marines though...Also depends what SF/SOF M4 your talking about. If you are referring to the real "SF" unit, that would be ODA/GB, there was a whole slew of ways to configure your load out...But I think I have an idea of what direction you mean.

I have a ACOG on one of my ARs. I love it! That was my go to glass for a long time. I ran that and canted Troy Iron flip up iron sights. I put that ACOG through hell and its still clear and day and hold a solid zero...Over time you change things up and for the last coupe years I have been running red dots with BUIS..I am currently transitioning over to a 1-6 magnification glass. I will be installing it this weekend, Ill get a pic for you. I will also put together a quick build spec for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    Here bro, this company is local to us..If you plan on ordering, Ill ordering some as well and get a better deal for us. One of my good buddies knows the owner.

Link: http://gotgun.us
    I'll check that out!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!