Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone's Wife or GF carry a gun?

Re: Anyone's Wife or GF carry a gun?

Guy I used to work with stopped by and another guy told me he has a m&p shield so I asked him about it. He had it on him so I checked it out. I have 2 m&p so I didn't wanna get a 3rd lol. The trigger on the shield is better then my once stock m&p is. That said I feel the trigger on the Ruger LC9s pro and the walther PPS m2 have better triggers. My buddy with g43 is coming for dinner soon so I'll check that out! Then I'll have checked out them all. The trigger on the Ruger is a longer pull but the break is the best of any trigger on these single stack 9's out so far.

That said....I'm just being a nit picky as fuck here! Any of these guns I could do anything I had to with. I'm just picking the best of the best since its for my wife. Her needs in the gun are a tiny bit different !

I had her doing slide racking drills because she said she doesn't wanna carry hot in the tube....she can not push the slide release button with her thumb or even thumbs! 😂😂. I was like babe push down on the button vs in. Her cute little finger is white and mushed pushing with all she has. Then she adds the other hand thumb and still nothing! She was like how?? I grab it with one hand and bam rack the slide via button only and grin real big at her and said" like that!"

She can rack the slide fine manually. I would just prefer she learns to use the slide release button. I've seen plenty of Newbys fuck up the guns action trying to manually rack the slide and stovepipe it! I've seen it a handful of times over the years and always with new shooters.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

What you describe is a common thing, even with guys. Another issue is when the shooter limp wrists the pistol when firing. This ribs some of the slide energy so it doesn't fully travel backwards to properly extract and eject shell casing so you get a jam like a stove pipe or worse.

This is is why I always recommend a revolver for self defense for those new to shooting until they have had a lot of practice with the semi auto including jam drills, reloading, moving and shooting etc.

I finally got to shoot my Glock 21 over the weekend. Man it is awesome and the power of the police rounds I was using is incredible. You get hit by this you will die or at least lose whatever limb you get hit in.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    What you describe is a common thing, even with guys. Another issue is when the shooter limp wrists the pistol when firing. This ribs some of the slide energy so it doesn't fully travel backwards to properly extract and eject shell casing so you get a jam like a stove pipe or worse.

This is is why I always recommend a revolver for self defense for those new to shooting until they have had a lot of practice with the semi auto including jam drills, reloading, moving and shooting etc.

I finally got to shoot my Glock 21 over the weekend. Man it is awesome and the power of the police rounds I was using is incredible. You get hit by this you will die or at least lose whatever limb you get hit in.
    Glock 21 is one of my favorite .45 acp. Whenever I think I wanna get something real high end I always shoot the g21 so well my buddy says keep that gun it serves u well!

Yes u are right she also limp wristed a few times and asked why the gun was doing that. I told her it was her grip. Again she looked at me funny like how could that do it?? I fired it one handed to show her it was fully operational and user error.

I haven't messed with the hammer less revolvers in a while. I had a s&w model 442 air weight was 15oz but trigger was like 12 lbs lol. Terrible. I might see what's currently out now if they improved the trigger

My smith and Wesson 357 4 in had a 4.5 lb trigger dbl action and about about half that single action. Felt like ounces thigh it was so smooth. Could fire .38s from it too. Bit heavy but freaking reliable and built super well.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

My smith and Wesson 357 4 in had a 4.5 lb trigger dbl action and about about half that single action. Felt like ounces thigh it was so smooth. Could fire .38s from it too. Bit heavy but freaking reliable and built super well.
    Not sure I like the hammer in her way for ccw and yes a bit a heavy but utter epitome of reliability. Fire until the wheel is empty!

I can understand needing hammerless. My favorite carry weapon is a colt 1911 or 1991 stainless in .45 ACP. Beautiful weapon. Not for the faint of heart or limp wrister.

I know a guy that is selling like 8 colt 1911's from a brother in law who passed. I can dig up the price/model list is u like.

My cop buddy was over and he has the glock 43. Trigger was not nearly as nice as my g21. The 43 has a stiff trigger like the M&p shield.

The Ruger has the nicest trigger so far. The take up and reset is a little long but very smooth and the break is the best hands down. Close 2nd is the walther pps m2.

The honor guard is just out because no way to handle one except wait for a gun show and see if anyone has it.

The kahr cm9 is said to have A very hard slide to rack.

Thus far going to stick with the Ruger I have. He said he had a cerakote dude so I might have him so the slide of the Ruger.

Your buddy probably has what they call anew York trigger. It is a 12lb pull. Most likely required for liability reasons. Our dept required them in our g17s. I had it out in my g21 as it actually improves my grouping since it is a crisper release than stock which is spongey.

Shoot me a list of what he is sell for 1911's. Don't know what I can afford at moment since we move in 3 weeks to new house. I decided on a level 2 holster like my duty one I first used for my g21 concealed carry. I am a big dude so it isn't an issue for me plus I like the canted fed position of holster and the locking feature. This holster will not let go of pistol unless you want it to. I prefer level three but t still looking for one like this level two.

Your buddy probably has what they call anew York trigger. It is a 12lb pull. Most likely required for liability reasons. Our dept required them in our g17s. I had it out in my g21 as it actually improves my grouping since it is a crisper release than stock which is spongey.

Shoot me a list of what he is sell for 1911's. Don't know what I can afford at moment since we move in 3 weeks to new house. I decided on a level 2 holster like my duty one I first used for my g21 concealed carry. I am a big dude so it isn't an issue for me plus I like the canted fed position of holster and the locking feature. This holster will not let go of pistol unless you want it to. I prefer level three but t still looking for one like this level two.
    The dept doesn't buy the guns anymore. They have to buy them on their own so it's just a standard glock 43 not a cop variant. The trigger wasn't that bad just not as nice as my g21.

Ruger just announced the new LCP 2 is out now. Single action trigger and totally revamped. Looks nice.