Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need work advise.

Need work advise.

This past 2 weeks my boss has been scrutinizing me at every turn.
    Asking me about all sorts of things I've messed or had issues with. They are all normal things nothing crazy so it struck me as odd. Why the witch hunt? Why just me?

I am her assistant manager. I get that she expect more of me then the rest of the crew. I've done the job longer then even her. She knows I know what to do. I get that she holds me to a hire standard.

Anyways I had a hunch someone was planting seeds in her head motivating this witch hunt......
    Today is a slow Skelton work crew work day. It was just me and one of my retail sales guys who had mentioned a day or so ago he needed to talk to me. He told me today this guy josh has been sabotaging me in efforts to get the job I am slatted for when my boss retires this year. Telling on my every single wrong move or issue making himself look better then me.

I openly admit I've become complacent. I was supposed to get a raise when I started this job and never happened. That really zapped my mojo because I drive across town yet lived 5 minutes from my old location she brought me over from to occupany her at this way larger busier store. She wants me to keep the ppl who work for us in line but when I confront her with issues she's does nothing at all to reprimand that employee. She doesn't have my back. If anything she talks to them or cusses them out and that's it. So they behave 2 weeks if that and back to same old shit.
    I am supposed to do daily inventory checks of the variances in our inventory. The workers count the inventory then I double check and make corrections as needed.
    The she screams at me for doing it like I personally lost the stuff myself when 3-5 people are easily involved in every part we sell.
    The way I look at inventory loss is do the research and if u can get the payment for parts gone missing great....if not the parts are gone write it off and move on with business. She goes on a witch hunt over a $20 item when we have a $1.5million inventory.....some battles u have to let go of.

My point is I have a hard time not being complacent as I feel like whatever I do it's always the wrong damn thing and she doesn't have my back. Why make my workers hate me if she won't stand her ground and have my back??

I spoke with the parts and service director and told him I was sorry for my lack of performance lately and said I'm stressed from home( which is true) but that I wanted him to know I will be there for anything anytime and want him to utilize me more then he does. Didn't mention the josh thing at all to him.

My issue is while I hope I still have my boss in my pocket with our history I'm not sure how to confront her about this guy Josh clearly fucking me over?

My thoughts are this. It's not my style to pick apart someone u are better then. I simply show ppl what I'm made of and let them see and choose the winner.

I'm surprised she would want someone who makes others look bad to get ahead in her spot? He is terrible with people. Last week a shop called me looking or a part I handled the order for. He wrote a credit for the invoice I wrote and put it into his number to boost his sales numbers. At the time I figured the shop had cancelled it and called back but now I can't help but thing he did it on purpose.......she was on my ass about my sales #'s and who knows what else he has done that too???

So should I just play coy with the josh thing and tell her sorry my a game hasn't been here lately. I can and will step up my game??

Part of me wants to corner josh alone and back him into a corner. "Ask if he is sacred yet?? If not you should be...."Then walk away.

Or "u like to drive the bus over people huh? Make sure u watch your mirrors..."

Thoughts??
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: Need work advise.

Thinking more along the lines of....I know what u have been up to and I'm disappointed in you. I thought higher of u.

Nbencze

I don't know how you do it.....sales is a cut throat business brother. I say confront the little punk. Having been in the army I always said after that I will never let anyone take advantage or belittle me again. I've stuck true to that. I put people in there place with the quickness. People like to talk shit till there elbo is dislocated.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Too much to type on a phone... definitely do not confront Josh, leave him alone unless you personally catch him in something you can prove to your boss beyond a reasonable doubt...don't fall I to his game. YOU step up your game now knowing this info...use it to your advantage moving forward...if you know he is trying to sabotage you, then like in Jiu Jitsu use his weight against him. Don't give him any power, you be the better one by doing the better job. If he then starts lieing or doing things then address it but since you are already the Assistant Manager to your boss then do the best job with the best attitude you can and don't worry about Josh.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Too much to type on a phone... definitely do not confront Josh, leave him alone unless you personally catch him in something you can prove to your boss beyond a reasonable doubt...don't fall I to his game. YOU step up your game now knowing this info...use it to your advantage moving forward...if you know he is trying to sabotage you, then like in Jiu Jitsu use his weight against him. Don't give him any power, you be the better one by doing the better job. If he then starts lieing or doing things then address it but since you are already the Assistant Manager to your boss then do the best job with the best attitude you can and don't worry about Josh.
    As much as I want to confront him I also loose my advantage with him no knowing I know.

I just feel like I have to address the josh issue with my boss......just seems like she is already buying what he is selling!

Anyone else? I could truly use some outsiders advise here mostly with how to address the issue of josh with my boss in particular.......

I'm going to do my best to keep my cool but if she goes postal on me or calls him in there and he starts throwing me under the bus not sure how much I will take of that.

I have 2 settings. Calm, cool, calculating and friendly or Complete lunatic.....

Nbencze

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    As much as I want to confront him I also loose my advantage with him no knowing I know.

I just feel like I have to address the josh issue with my boss......just seems like she is already buying what he is selling!

Anyone else? I could truly use some outsiders advise here mostly with how to address the issue of josh with my boss in particular.......

I'm going to do my best to keep my cool but if she goes postal on me or calls him in there and he starts throwing me under the bus not sure how much I will take of that.

I have 2 settings. Calm, cool, calculating and friendly or Complete lunatic.....
    You defiantly need to start looking for another job my friend.

I had this youg kid once who was looking to he the next ceo. He asked for help once and wanted to learn stuff so ibsaid i would help having twice the experience as him. Within two days ive got security wanting to interview me, then they forced me to let them go thru my apt took my personal laptop and shit.

They even threatened me with involving the fbi. About two days go by and i get a call from security to come get my laptop. I go to get it and they start apologizing profusely. I askedbif they looked at laptop and they said no. Then said no hard feelings?

I figure the company lawyers told them to back off return my stuff and apologize because theyvviolated several of my civil and constitutional rigts with what they did.

Anyway i had an idea who tried to burn me. Then the guy wants to talk to me in private he all wearing his 3 piece suit and shit i told me he turned me in but was sorry because he was wrong in doing so.

I thanked him for his apology and then told him that he could have cost me my career bc i would never be able to pass a background check again nore work in my industry again and i wouldnt have been able to support my family. And if that had happened I would having fucking killed him right where he stood and not lost a moments sleep. He laughed a little and I reiterated had that happened i was dead serious. I would have fucking killed him with my bare hands right where he was standing. I would have hunted him down and killed him in the most brutal, evil and sadistic way unimaginable. I turned around and got another job that afternoon or the next day dont remember and quit.

He was shaking he was so mortified, not to mention I was more than twice his size. He was a tall toothpick and I was over 220 at 5'10.

My thought is play it cool, work harder, and find a bew job. Once job is secured tell that punk ass what you think and your boss that you are sirry you are leaving but you cantbwork in a placebwith such low morals and ethics and tell her that that kid and her not having your back is why you are leaving too.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by Nbencze View Post
    You defiantly need to start looking for another job my friend.
    Someone I do business with daily has been begging me to work for him but he can't pay me what I'm worth just yet. He is opening a larger shop and wants me to manage that parts department for him.

I've already spoken to him and if shit hits the fan he said come work for him so my kids won't starve...

Nbencze

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Someone I do business with daily has been begging me to work for him but he can't pay me what I'm worth just yet. He is opening a larger shop and wants me to manage that parts department for him.

I've already spoken to him and if shit hits the fan he said come work for him so my kids won't starve...
    Sometimes money is not everything brother. God bless you and your family my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbencze View Post
    Sometimes money is not everything brother. God bless you and your family my friend.
    Thank you.

You know he has shown me respect like I haven't seen in ages. He is not from this country. He tips me all the time and I tell him it's not needed. He always says u help me run my business and you always have or get the answers and I appreciate it!

It's so polar opposite to what I'm used to at my work which is kill yourself and get 0 recognition. All u get its how u did things wrong. Never a pat on the back. Not that I need my ego stroked but a thanks and Man U killed it! Makes ppl smile and want to kill it at their job more often.

I'll keep milling it all over and hatch things out Monday.

If things don't go well with my boss that chicken shit better fucking run cause bad shoulder or not.....I'm going to make him pay for double crossing me if I'm out the door anyways!