Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: time for a new one ...

Re: time for a new one ...

dragging this old thread up because there is a follow...
    I got in a front in collision.. and got the word today it is totaled
    with out even thinking about "Bear" gave his life so I could walk away

Yes I named my Jeep "Bear", you got a problem with that...

he died way to soon
    Last edited by xdude; 04-10-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Wowsa, glad to hear you’re okay bro.

I just saw an article on the new Jeeps coming out. 1 of them has the Hell Cat engine in it! 700 plus hp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    I just saw an article on the new Jeeps coming out. 1 of them has the Hell Cat engine in it! 700 plus hp!!!
    I saw a review in regards to high end Jeep GC. and it was something along the lines of
    "Jeep continues to answer questions that no one is asking. ..but they are lot of fun to test drive"
    those come with a race track experience too, I know someone that went and the instructor had a switch to change the computer software and shut off the safety features.
    "so he could burn the tires"

my limited had enough power, and it had this console button that switch from eco to sport perf (and a bunch of other settings)
    which was great for acceleration, without the constant low mileage of a big engine...

I know this sounds strange but I am thinking of getting the same thing... after all I liked the ride, and I know how it handles in a front end collision..and I walked away
    does that sound crazy?

Nope! You get what you like!

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I saw a review in regards to high end Jeep GC. and it was something along the lines of
    "Jeep continues to answer questions that no one is asking. ..but they are lot of fun to test drive"
    those come with a race track experience too, I know someone that went and the instructor had a switch to change the computer software and shut off the safety features.
    "so he could burn the tires"

my limited had enough power, and it had this console button that switch from eco to sport perf (and a bunch of other settings)
    which was great for acceleration, without the constant low mileage of a big engine...

I know this sounds strange but I am thinking of getting the same thing... after all I liked the ride, and I know how it handles in a front end collision..and I walked away
    does that sound crazy?

Does not sound strange or crazy at all you are a purist and you like a specific model because it always served you well. Yes there are faster, better handling and better gas consumption vehicles out there but you know what you like, period.

Im a bike person and Im in the market for a 77XLCR which is a 42 year old bike that literary runs like shit and it ran like shit when it was new, why do I want it? because it does something to me when I see it.

Go for it find the same model and buy it.

yeah but there is a difference between classic motor bike and a current versions of a Jeep..

I am thinking of the JGC limited X.

My friend had one of those when we were younger. Black HD cafe racer. It was cool looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    My friend had one of those when we were younger. Black HD cafe racer. It was cool looking.
    Thats it I was about 13 and I was looking at my pops playboy magazine and I still remember Barbi Benton was the centerfold. Two pages after the centerfold there she was in all of her
    black beauty XLCR my heart was pumping I never saw anything like this before, it was like the Batmobile only cooler. It was at that moment that I became aware of Motorcycles and the life long love affair was born.

This is a prime example where function does not follow form. The bike is beautiful to look at but a complete dog to ride. I swear a skateboard accelerates faster and with more intention. There is no suspension whatsoever. It will rattle your rear molars out of your mouth and a big wheel has a shorter stopping distance.

Since I believe all motorcycles should be ridden and ridden hard I will never get an XLCR and that is the Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventia View Post
    Barbi Benton was the centerfold. ....... and the life long love affair was born.
    I agree.....Man, Barbi was unnaturally super hot... I remember thinking she was a great actress, when I saw her on Fantasy island , along with Charlie's angels and watch any chance I could

Catching the reruns now, I realize my hormones may have had something to do with my opinion.in fact I am pretty sure of it.

apparently it got you into motorcycles.... hey I want to stress I am not judging , I probably would have gotten in to motorcycles too, if I notice it ...LOL