drove the Sorento and Highlander today. both were real nice . man they have all the bells and whistles these days.
my JGC has basics, everything these days has a display, rear camera seems standard , blind spot sensors . blue tooth .. etc.

my sister had 2 kia's both severed he well. my brother in law had a RIO he drove into the ground back and forth to work.
had that for 12 years , nothing but basic maintenance. he wanted a truck and that was the only reason they trade it in.. The rio was tiny and could park anywhere, he actually regretted the decision .they also have an Optima for 140k and still have it.

the kia has a a 5 year 60K warranty . which does make you questions quality ...however it is on consumer reports #1 spot
I told then I wanted leather seats and they only had the top of the line model with leather , so got the one off the show room floor .LOL. of course it was black , look great , but could see that it was already getting dirty ( man black is a dirt magnet !)

The highlander had good looked good pick, an apparently the 2017 will be out next month so by the end of the month it should be have some deals.

While there I saw 4 runner ..I may check it out later
they said it drives more like a truck , I pointed out I have been driving a GC. " Oh you will be find"