Thread: time for a new one ...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

time for a new one ...

well my 05 Grand Cherokee has come back from the shop and it is time to replace it.
    I am looking for a new SUV. I got the consumer reports and Jeeps are second to last on the list.
    I looked at the review of the 16 Grand Cherokee and while it is Jeeps best rating, it is still not that great.
    ( on the bright side the 16 is much better that the 14's and previous model years )

plus the JGC is the vehicle that killed the new star trek Checkov, a product defect and it rolled over him.

I have been reading the CR and to be honest , not that impressed. It seems that plain and not good looking is a requirement for a higher rating . Also anyone else think it is strange that they way they break up the categories . I mean they compare cars to other cars at 1/2 the price .. how is that fair. I mean if a car cost twice as much it better be better. explains why lexus on one list is 3 of the top 5..

So what do you guys like ..anyone have a 2016 Grand Cherokee and wish to dispute Consumer reports?
    anyone have an SUV that you really like and can recommend ?

checking out the pilot, 4runner , highlander, BMW are sharp looking. Lexus is ok but rather high.
    I'm open to something reasonable .

what do you guys recommend?

regards
    Xdude
    Last edited by xdude; 10-27-2016 at 10:11 PM. Reason: added line