Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: time for a new one ...

Re: time for a new one ...

drove the Sorento and Highlander today. both were real nice . man they have all the bells and whistles these days.
    my JGC has basics, everything these days has a display, rear camera seems standard , blind spot sensors . blue tooth .. etc.

my sister had 2 kia's both severed he well. my brother in law had a RIO he drove into the ground back and forth to work.
    had that for 12 years , nothing but basic maintenance. he wanted a truck and that was the only reason they trade it in.. The rio was tiny and could park anywhere, he actually regretted the decision .they also have an Optima for 140k and still have it.

the kia has a a 5 year 60K warranty . which does make you questions quality ...however it is on consumer reports #1 spot
    I told then I wanted leather seats and they only had the top of the line model with leather , so got the one off the show room floor .LOL. of course it was black , look great , but could see that it was already getting dirty ( man black is a dirt magnet !)

The highlander had good looked good pick, an apparently the 2017 will be out next month so by the end of the month it should be have some deals.

While there I saw 4 runner ..I may check it out later
    they said it drives more like a truck , I pointed out I have been driving a GC. " Oh you will be find"

Black is a for someone loves to wax and detail their car! My buddy owned his own detail business and had 2black vehicles. Always looked great but fuck that noise. Gotta clean in once a week for sure and if u aren't super careful swirl marks galore.

The 2013 Kia Optima we had was the middle line one. Has Bluetooth, double moon roofs, and a/c and heater leather seats. Both the ac and heat options made me actually like leather. In our 110+ summer normally leather gets a big middle finger from me. That model was 200 hp. The next model up had the turbo and 270 hp but my wife was coming from a striped down Toyota Yaris that was manual everything to that Kia blew her mind with all the bells and whistles.

Wait on the new model to come out the 2016 will drop. U never want to get a brand new model....they haven't worked out the bugs yet and u are the test pilot lol. Better to get the previous year at a insane price.

Glad u are being smart and taking your time brother. You will find something soon that meets all your needs and wants.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

my goal is to try every thing that I could want , right now I am moving from 05 to 16/17 , there is a lot of electronics change in there .

I don't need cooled leather around here , but oh do you need heated in the winter.
    I also have some partner sales deal through work, a co worker did the deal, then said ok let us put this aside and discuss this program and do the numbers . he said he got a better deal twice .I 'll do that after all said an done. we don't have all manufactures , but enough .. and I have nothing to loose .

A car sales man said to me " a black car is a sign of sick mind" and basically talked me out of it
    on the grounds that unless you are obsessive compulsive you can not keep it clean enough .

time for a new one ...

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    my goal is to try every thing that I could want , right now I am moving from 05 to 16/17 , there is a lot of electronics change in there .

I don't need cooled leather around here , but oh do you need heated in the winter.
    I also have some partner sales deal through work, a co worker did the deal, then said ok let us put this aside and discuss this program and do the numbers . he said he got a better deal twice .I 'll do that after all said an done. we don't have all manufactures , but enough .. and I have nothing to loose .

A car sales man said to me " a black car is a sign of sick mind" and basically talked me out of it
    on the grounds that unless you are obsessive compulsive you can not keep it clean enough .
    Lol sick mind!!! My friend is a nut that's too funny! I literally had a customer who spent his Friday night detailing his black car.....

You are doing it right brother. I can't how many times I drove a car I couldn't wait to test our just to say wtf that was a let down....or on the flip side driven lots of cheap econoboxes that made me say wow this is a nice little car for the money! Driving is key.

what surprised me is I looked at a dark brown jeep, and that looked very dirty too.
    just dried morning dew , but looked like shit.

The car salesmsan was also but is co-workers chops, he owned a black car...
    but he came over and agreed , unless you constantly wash it . it looks dirty
    but it was pretty funny at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    what surprised me is I looked at a dark brown jeep, and that looked very dirty too.
    just dried morning dew , but looked like shit.

The car salesmsan was also but is co-workers chops, he owned a black car...
    but he came over and agreed , unless you constantly wash it . it looks dirty
    but it was pretty funny at the time.
    From my experience white and silver cars Are best to appear clean when dirty. Especially silver but if u ever get a door dent etc silver is hard to match for most shops.

V.I.P.

I throw in my .02cents. I will keep it just SUV related. If we got into cars and truck, I got a ton more input...I think main starting point is budget, sorry if I missed it if you already mentioned a budget. All my vehicles need to have decent HP/TQ.

Here are the SUVs Ive had in the last 2-3 years...Please keep in mind most of them were my work vehicles, but when I was back home I would take the family around in them. So Ive spent a lot of seat time in each one. Way more then a average person. Also all of them needed to be AWD/4WD..

2015 and 2016 Chevy Tahoe. Black on Black LTZ trim, every option and rear entertainment, and rear captain seats...I absolutely loved these SUVs. The tech in there for a Chevy is amazing, very user friendly. Power was okay, it got out of its own way. Handled really well. I did take the 15 out on a road course and EVOC pad for training with a few of my clients, handled really well for what it is. It has a decent interior space inside, you would think you would have more due to the exterior size. I must mention it is super quiet on the inside. Probably the quietest out of all the SUVs Im going to mention (Escalade is the same SUV and Tahoe), the RR comes close to this tahoe for interior silence.

2015 and 2016 Escalade. 1 Black on Black and 1 Silver on Black. Both were Premium Trim loaded to basically Platinum Trim. I had the Blk/Blk longer then the Silver one. I hate Silver vehicles... Escalade is just a fancied up Tahoe, literally. The huge downside of the Escalade to the Tahoe is the infotainment console. There are no physical button or knobs, its all touch. So if your OCD like myself, its fingerprint hell...Plus that infotainment in the escalade sucks...Audio was better..Power was more since its shares the drivetrain with the GMC Denali, which both have bigger V8s then the Tahoe and its noticeable. The suspension and setting are awesome compared to the Tahoe. I liked the exterior way more then the Tahoe.

2014 BMW X6M Black on White....Only had this for 6 months or so. It was a cool little SUV. It was pretty quick as well. Stock it sounded like shit though, with a full exhaust it helps...The interior is very dated, the updated 16s are way nicer! Handled like a BMW M car should even though it is a SUV...Audio sucked as well. Keep in mind this one is $115K, the Tahoe and Escalades are sub 100K (Tahoe being 68K). The Tahoe Audio and Tech was way better then this X6M, by a lot....I really dont have anything else to say about this SUV. It couldn't use it for work so we got rid of it...

2015 Infinity QX80 optioned out with rear entertainment, Black on Black...I hate how the outside looks. But the inside is so roomy and comfy. Those seats for some reason were really nice to sit in. When you are in the SUV if feels like you have so much room around you, good design feature for infinity...Audio was good, ride was okay, power was okay as well. Escalade was faster...It felt like a cheaper japanese vehicle when you close the doors. Not that quiet inside compared to the other SUVs...Only real amazing thing I can say about the SUV is the room on the interior...

2015 LX570 White on Black. They comes fully optioned already, dont think you can get any additional options other then colors...I absolutely loved this rig!! It drove amazing on road, suspension setting were spot on and you could definitely tell the difference when you choose each one...The amazing part is when you take this beast off road. This thing is so capable off road its mind blowing. Tech in there is good for what it is. Audio was pretty good as well...It was very roomy inside as well. The ONLY thing I could say the SUV needed was more power. Add a TRD Supercharger on it and its good to go! This thing was so amazing I would honestly think about getting another one in the same body style of the new updated versions. I like the new updated (2016) interior a lot, but not really sold on the exterior. Plus these things hold there value so well. If someone had a budget and wanted to stay a little below 100K this is the SUV I would heavily suggest. Talking about it now makes me wish I had one sitting in the garage. haha.

2015 Range Rover Full Size. Black on Black V8 SC. Pretty optioned out short wheel base...Very classy, interior and exterior. Power and Tq is there anytime you need it. Very capable off road as well. Interior is on par with the Tahoe/Escalade. Tech is great in it as well. Audio is amazing, had the optional Meridian. Over all very slick SUV, ride is smooth as you would expect for a Range. I would suggest not getting one new, get a slightly used one with very low miles. Pretty easy to find since they sell a lot of them. They DO NOT hold there value at all. Wife loves this vehicle, which we might trade her daily driver car in for one. If we do I would rather have it optioned with the Long Wheel Base and rear executive seating and it be a Autobiography Ed...And No I would never get a new one, unless its a lease..

2016 Mercedes G63 Black on Black with Desgnio Interior option. This is my current SUV, which I just got 3-4 months ago. I tried to get a used low mileage one but they are the hardest thing to find they way I wanted it with low miles. And they ones you do find they want a lot for it...So I just bought a new one that, which I was lucky to get since they sell before even hitting the showroom floor. They hold there value really good as well. Its a love and hate with this truck. Ill say the dislikes first, keep in mind what price range this truck falls into so Im judging it on that...The ride is harsh but I already knew that, rides like a Super duty. Conviniece features are scarce in this truck, no Key-less go option. And the last thing is the interior room is pretty cramped...Its a tetris trying to get all my gear and work stuff in the back trunk area....Now the good stuff. POWER POWER POWER! Hahaha. Its stock right now but it shares the same motor that is in the wifes Daily (CLS63). I modded the CLS though so cant compare the two. I plan on Tuning it with a full exhaust...Handles turns way better then you would expect looking at it...Audio is okay stock, installed a sub/amp and now the audio is amazing. Its amazing offload! There is may be 1 or 2 SUVs that can compare offraod wise to the G. I will be lifting mine a little and stuffing 35s on there...Lease rates suck on this rig, so buy or finance...I do love it though...They are releasing a updated bigger version of the G for 2018 I believe. Which will have all new tech, bigger, and all new interior.

I seen the new Ford Explorer was mentioned. I have spent some time in many new Explorers. Both Civilian and LE uplifted versions. Tech is pretty good, same as all other higher trim fords. The eco boost is a stout little motor, it scoots pretty darn good for what it is...I just hate driving it, I can never seen to get comfortable in it. If I could it would be a amazing SUV for its price range. Nothing else bad to say about the new Explorer. If this is the price bracket your looking at (platinum and sport trims) then take one for a extended test drive and see if its comfy for you. If so this is a great buy on a new SUV.

Damn this was a fucking long post...Figure I share some info since Ive spent a lot of time in SUVs, also on long distance drives...Wish you best of luck on the purchase bro!

-Willis

Nice post Willis! Lots of nice rides there! I'm surprised u didn't like the x6m more. The roofline of the x6 looks much better then the x5 but utility wise the x5 has a much easier rear seat access with the higher roof line. The cargo space in both of them isn't great. I looked at the x5 with 3rd row and with the 3rd row up I would have to hold the fucking stroller on the roof with my jacked arm 😂 was a no go for us too. The M version of all BMW stuff is the only BMW vehicles I like. They have good power now.

V.I.P.

Thanks bro! And the new model X6M interior is leaps and bounds better then the 14. It just felt dated and nothing was "really good" or stood out as great...I do like the new 750i loaded up with all the options. Now that a smooth interior vehicle...I lean towards Benz more, have had more Benz then BMW. And the sound AMGs make is incredible. The CLS63 (V8TT) we have has custom downpipes and center section exhaust, and a few other go fast mods ;-) But that thing sounds like a beast, it puts down mid 700s tq and high 600hp. So it scoots. haha.

I went to Figspeed today to scoop up some parts for the 56 Chevy, which I believe is close to your work...

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    Thanks bro! And the new model X6M interior is leaps and bounds better then the 14. It just felt dated and nothing was "really good" or stood out as great...I do like the new 750i loaded up with all the options. Now that a smooth interior vehicle...I lean towards Benz more, have had more Benz then BMW. And the sound AMGs make is incredible. The CLS63 (V8TT) we have has custom downpipes and center section exhaust, and a few other go fast mods ;-) But that thing sounds like a beast, it puts down mid 700s tq and high 600hp. So it scoots. haha.

I went to Figspeed today to scoop up some parts for the 56 Chevy, which I believe is close to your work...
    Not familiar with that shop but I know where u are talking about. U should have hit me up I was at work. What do u have done to the 56? U sound like a pro street guy lol. Yeah BMW's don't sound good stock IMHO. The e46 m3 is the more horrible rice sounding car they ever made lol.