Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: time for a new one ...

Re: time for a new one ...

tried the 4runner , that had a good feel to it , the cab was a little cramp, but more of a "Cherokee" feel .
    funny the salesman did not really know it, I mean he liked it, was able to quote all the features ( but they were all the same on all toyota's)
    but ask about the 4 wheel drive and the guy was clue less.. he was honest and saying we can look it up when we get back rather than just make something up. the 4 runner was about the same cost as the highlander, but more of a truck feel.

I also took out and explorer ,and apparently the saleman made his quota for the month, because he just really didn't seem to care.
    he asked how much i wanted to spend as opposed to features .( I hate that )
    brought a grey one out , something boring. I clear said I wanted something that didn't look like a mini van .He actually said you can look it up on the web and see the different packages. gave me a card and said bye...

they had no 16's just 17's because the dealer was out ( but there are nice clearances on the 16's) go 15 miles in any direction and they have plenty in stock .
    Only thing I can think of he is knew I would be looking into 16 else where.

when I bought my last Jeep there was a website, I think you paid $10 and got the actual cost to dealer, incentives , area incentives etc.
    I can not find it .. anyone recognize it . I thought it was Edmunds but they just kept pushing me to truecar

Those websites are a scam. The dealer doesn't give a fuck what some website says they have into it. Nor do they have to honor that price. Simply gives u and idea of markup and what a "good deal" truly would be but getting the dealers to play ball is all up to you!

2 biggest and most important sales guy car lines are.
    "What do u want to spend payment wise?"

"Up to how much monthly"----this is where they make a ton of money with just one line. They will purposely go to the top of your price range vs giving u a deal. U have to know msrp and use financing calculators before u go so u have an idea what a good vs bad deal is based of monthly payments.

Dealers never wanna negotiate the total price of the car. They wanna talk monthly bill. If they can eek $20-$100 a month out of every sale....that's how they make their money.

However there isn't huge markup in new cars anymore. It's about dealer incentives and what time of year u buy that can get a better deal ESP on last years models etc.

Dealers make money fucking ppl on the trade in values and used car sales. Most new cars are $1-3k profit margin at best. Most salesmen only make per unit spiffs of a $150-$350 per car they sell then they get bonuses for say 10 cars sold they get a nut. 15 cars out another bonus etc. by hitting these bonuses they get paid but ask any salesman.....they would rather sell a used car and day of the week. They fucked the person trading it in for $3k then they sell it for $7k.....they call that a 4 pounder aka $4k deal.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    "Up to how much monthly"---.
    I got that once , and I just laughed at the guy.. he came back with 3 monthly payments, all some how ending in nice round dollars of 9
    like 199, 239, 279 or something like that and then the months of the loan .
    I said " so are you going to give me an interest rate and I have to back fill the price ?"
    also , carefull on the payment amount, I know someone that brought the business calculator
    and basically proved that what they were saying is not what they were charging ...

Of course I also had a strange incident where the sale man had to call me to get approval to charge me less interest.
    ( he miss quoted the factory promotional rate ). BTW factory financing is the only time you should believe an interest rate .

oh boy...
    so yesterday a co worker said we had access to truecar through a benifit site .
    I said oh, and followed the link , it was an internal site , so I fool around during downtime at work
    I get through searching a few prices and and options on JGC and the listed the latest incentive etc.
    and it said click here for "truecar price"

well boom that triggers several emails to 3 local Jeep dealers saying I was interested in this model Jeep.
    and apparently they did not get the details of what I was looking at ( or played dumb)
    because they just sent me anything they had on their lot .

Today I was in a web based class today and was on the phone continuously for the 8 hours .
    all day there was beeps indicating some salesman trying to call.

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    oh boy...
    so yesterday a co worker said we had access to truecar through a benifit site .
    I said oh, and followed the link , it was an internal site , so I fool around during downtime at work
    I get through searching a few prices and and options on JGC and the listed the latest incentive etc.
    and it said click here for "truecar price"

well boom that triggers several emails to 3 local Jeep dealers saying I was interested in this model Jeep.
    and apparently they did not get the details of what I was looking at ( or played dumb)
    because they just sent me anything they had on their lot .

Today I was in a web based class today and was on the phone continuously for the 8 hours .
    all day there was beeps indicating some salesman trying to call.
    Lol!!

well the final decision , after a bunch of test drives, I finally went to pricing on the final 3 , Toyota offered me the MSRP ( that is right, no negotiation, take it or leave it ....so I left it ) Kia offered a little off, and Jeep offer a nice savings that surprised me. So 2017 75th anniversary edition limited

jeep.jpg

Looks nice X! Does it have a Hemi?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Looks nice X! Does it have a Hemi?
    No , I feel you can drive faster if you can drive by gas stations
    those hemi's get around 12 MPH...

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    No , I feel you can drive faster if you can drive by gas stations
    those hemi's get around 12 MPH...
    Might be a cunt hair more then that but yeah pass everything but the gas station! If u have money to burn sure but these days 4 and 6 Cylinder motors make plenty of power and get good economy!

Looks nice! Enjoy!

besides if you are going all out... get the SRT version... 0-60 in under 3 seconds

Model: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    MSRP: From $66,895
    Horsepower: 475 hp
    MPG: 13 city / 19 highway
    Engine: 6.4 L V8
    Curb weight: 5,104 lbs
    Towing capacity: 7,200 lbs
    Torque: 470 lb-ft

http://www.jeep.com/grand-cherokee-srt.html

or you can get what I got and a Laredo for the wife and still have a enough for a living room set