Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does money matter?

V.I.P.

Re: Does money matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    . Although I get why people say it. I've never bought into the money can't buy happiness thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh money can buy happiness! But in Iggy case if he doesn't get home till kids are asleep that's sucks I did it for 10yrs. I made great money bought lots of toys as well. But last 5yrs I had zero time with kids. For 3 months straight I worked like this 48 hr in 2 days then slept like 2hrs then did another 20hrs etc etc. would face time kids every night but it's not the same. All the primetein tabs and lack of sleep I eventually lost my mind. I made great money but not worth the time I lost with family. Now back in 2009 I worked like that for 4 months but that was different I knew it was short lived and only 1 kid at home. I bought a custom home on 5 acres, a chopper, sport bike couple of dirt bikes and I had time to enjoy them.

It all depends upon your needs, wants, and what you're content with. If you're content with the time you get to spend with the wife and kids; then do that, if you're content on chasing that almighty dollar; then do that. It's about what you want in your heart. It's a big balancing act brother. There's no correct answer here...
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

I think you already made a decision IG! I agree!

I think that money can not buy happiness, it can buy things is a good summation.

after all when you are controlled by your things, then you are un happy.

All I say is make sure it is worth what you are giving up, from the sounds of it you are loosing a lot .
    the cash better be pretty good ...and to be honest from the sounds of it is not worth it.

Actually you are making me rethink a few things , right now I work from home, and I do a little stock trading on the side
    well the stock trading is getting to the point to where I can almost give up the regular job.
    A high up manager at my company is demanding all tech support come into the office ( right now I don't even have one assigned to me)
    anyhow if I go into the office that is a 1/2 hour each way, and forget about trading stocks in the office. ( too much yappin)

Right now because I didn't think I made enough trading stocks I have agreed to come in for now, of course I don't have an office and it is not until the first of the year. But looking at my trades, I am really close .I think I could possible do trading full time .( well it is not all day so less that full time.) I think I may force the hand, either let me go and let them wonder if I will file a possible law suit for wrong full dismissal or live me working from home.
    ie deal with MF'ers

Ifbyou can pay your bills save for retirement and jave some extra to do some homg that is all you need. Inused to love my job but heing a lead expected to out perform others and our company going stupidbwith reorganization the money is all that keeps me around because i have tonprovide for my family. I guess what I am saying is as long as you can provide and are happy then no money doesnt matter all that much.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

V.I.P.

Bro I was going to give you a long answer, but shit you can text me anytime. hahaha! The short version is, Money DOES matter! Big Hoss pretty much nailed it though. What type of lifestyle do you want to live plays a huge part in it...Im old school where I believe I should be working non stop, and coming from being homeless at 16 with no fam, that fear of ever being in that situation drove me to where I am today...I always set goals..wether it be X in the bank ( and safe), Type of home, vehicles, Type of vacations, etc....I have never settled and dont ever see myself not making new financial goals for myself...Always set the next goal way higher...

Everyone has different outlook on where they are happy financially. I know for a fact I would never ever dreamed that I would be where I am now, which I am very blessed and humbled I have gotten here so far. But I am no where near done killing it, no pun intended, IG knows what I do for one of my companies. hahaha. Also figure out what you want to lay out for the kiddos when they get older, which you got some cute kids bro! For my I never want my kids to ever "need" anything, I want them to be driven and want the world, just never be in a spot where they "need" and I cant provide. With $$$ many doors open, if anyone says different they have no idea what they are talking about...Trust me I have gotten many contracts due to the people I know and live around..But lastly no matter how far you make it never forget where you came from, and always stay true to yourself. Your going to do great brother!

V.I.P.

For you Vicious13....This was in Havasu, dont know if you were out that day..

IMG_1523.jpg

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    For you Vicious13....This was in Havasu, dont know if you were out that day..

IMG_1523.jpg
    Wasn't. I'm on rdp a boating forum and don't think I saw anything posted about it. Dcd m series? Tilt up trailer is sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think every agrees ...you start with the necessities ..house, food ,clothes, healthcare ,retirement...

after that is up to you to judge what you want , and that is a opinion.

personally I would never want a boat .just my idea of success
    I don't want a pool, i would rather have a garden, again that is me...

So given a choice of working close to home or traveling an hour each way... well that is Iggy's choice

I would rather have an unlimited supply of free gear.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L