Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does money matter?

Re: Does money matter?

Thank you for reassuring me everyone.
    One of my good customers sadly had a tragic near drowning accident with his son recently. I didn't know what had happened for a while until he opened up one day when I asked if he was okay. He said " I've realized everything in the world that matters most I already had and it was free...all the money in the world cant fix my son and I would give it all to do so! Focus on your family as that's all that matters".

He used to always work late trying to make his business grow. Now he leaves early to go see his son and put him to bed.

Jobs come and go but family lasts a lifetime.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Tragedy can open eyes, it opened mine. Money cannot buy happiness and I always say its overated but money never mattered to me...even in my younger years. I think you already had your answer but maybe needed others' perspective? You will have no regrets

V.I.P.

I guess I'll be unpopular in this thread. I don't care what anyone says money matters. I just got off a job where I was leaving my house at 5 and getting home at 7. Big part of why I haven't been around here much. I knew the job wasn't going to be forever and it opened up several opportunities for me. Don't get me wrong, I spend as much time w my kids as possible. Give them baths put them to sleep at night. My kids love me more than anything and it shows. People comment on it all the time. The money that im making is for them. It's not for me. It's allowed me to buy a bitchin boat and an awesome lake house in Arizona. I spend a lot of time there and the kids have so much fun it's awesome. We live in a word today where cash is king. I want to give my kids everything I can and it's my job to do that. My kids will be taught that this is a tough world but you can have whatever you want if you are willing to work for it. I'm not educated only a high school diploma. I made a lot of choices in left that led me to the path I'm on. I started as an apprentice in the carpenters union and I've clawed my way to a foreman position running the job at Disneyland. I've been putting in 60 hours a week and although I'm sacrificing some time right now it will pay off in the end. My wife understands that. She drives around in a brand new suburban and knows what I have to do to make that happen. She also work a ton of hours. We have a nanny going the chemo so she lives w us now. She's 23. It's basically like we adopted her. That's a whole different story though. I've taken her in because I feel God places is in each other's lives for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.

. Although I get why people say it. I've never bought into the money can't buy happiness thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I guess I'll be unpopular in this thread. I don't care what anyone says money matters. I just got off a job where I was leaving my house at 5 and getting home at 7. Big part of why I haven't been around here much. I knew the job wasn't going to be forever and it opened up several opportunities for me. Don't get me wrong, I spend as much time w my kids as possible. Give them baths put them to sleep at night. My kids love me more than anything and it shows. People comment on it all the time. The money that im making is for them. It's not for me. It's allowed me to buy a bitchin boat and an awesome lake house in Arizona. I spend a lot of time there and the kids have so much fun it's awesome. We live in a word today where cash is king. I want to give my kids everything I can and it's my job to do that. My kids will be taught that this is a tough world but you can have whatever you want if you are willing to work for it. I'm not educated only a high school diploma. I made a lot of choices in left that led me to the path I'm on. I started as an apprentice in the carpenters union and I've clawed my way to a foreman position running the job at Disneyland. I've been putting in 60 hours a week and although I'm sacrificing some time right now it will pay off in the end. My wife understands that. She drives around in a brand new suburban and knows what I have to do to make that happen. She also work a ton of hours. We have a nanny going the chemo so she lives w us now. She's 23. It's basically like we adopted her. That's a whole different story though. I've taken her in because I feel God places is in each other's lives for a reason.

Thanks Vicious. I always love others' perspectives on things. I think if you are a generally content person, than, 'yes" money is a good thing. Now there are many people that turn to 'things" in hopes of fulfilling a void, or maybe healing pain, only to find that it is just a short lived fulfillment of happiness. Sounds like you are in a great place and this is a great thing!

V.I.P.

Does money matter?

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    Thanks Vicious. I always love others' perspectives on things. I think if you are a generally content person, than, 'yes" money is a good thing. Now there are many people that turn to 'things" in hopes of fulfilling a void, or maybe healing pain, only to find that it is just a short lived fulfillment of happiness. Sounds like you are in a great place and this is a great thing!
    I think you're right. It's a fine line. There are things money could not replace like my boys. But money does help in a sense that I can give them a lot of experiences I couldn't without money. Money is not everything for sure but in today's world it helps to have.especially with the price of things these days. I live in cali and it's sad that many people my age can't buy homes and love check to check. It's pretty rough now a days. And we still live better than most the world even when we struggle. Growing up we didn't have a lot of nice things and I never want to tell my kids they can't do something because I can't afford it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think you're right. It's a fine line. There are things money could not replace like my boys. But money does help in a sense that I can give them a lot of experiences I couldn't without money. Money is not everything for sure but in today's world it helps to have.especially with the price of things these days. I live in cali and it's sad that many people my age can't buy homes and love check to check. It's pretty rough now a days. And we still live better than most the world even when we struggle. Growing up we didn't have a lot of nice things and I never want to tell my kids they can't do something because I can't afford it

Pretty much the same way my Fuzo thinks. He always wants to give more to our daughter than he had. Its about balance, although we give, when they stop appreciating and expecting...thats where we get back in check. You sound grateful and that is what its about

Oh and the pool table rocks! Love the wood detail on that table

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    Oh and the pool table rocks! Love the wood detail on that table
    Thank you. That picture is actually during a team game. It was mom and my brother vs pops and I. It was one of the best weekends I've had in a while. My wife and kids were inside watching movies. That fine line. Money didn't buy the happiness but it helped provide the setting. Man I love Arizona I want out of cali

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you. That picture is actually during a team game. It was mom and my brother vs pops and I. It was one of the best weekends I've had in a while. My wife and kids were inside watching movies. That fine line. Money didn't buy the happiness but it helped provide the setting. Man I love Arizona I want out of cali

You are making great memories. I was the kid hanging with the men in the family shootin pool, with my own stick, and I was pretty damn good,lol