Thread: Daily Devotional 11/30/16...Liberty vs. License

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Daily Devotional 11/30/16...Liberty vs. License

Liberty Versus License

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."
    Philippians 4:8

Recommended Reading 1 Peter 2:15-16

Parents teach children about boundaries: moral, ethical, legal, courtesy, and safety boundaries. Boundaries are established because of man’s propensity to sin: “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17:9)

Fortunately, the boundaries that surround what is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy are huge—seemingly limitless.

We can spend a lifetime pursuing things that are pleasing to God without running out of options. The danger is the heart: The heart wants to turn liberty into license. The heart says, “I’m free to do what I want!” But God says, “You’re free to do what I want.” And once we realize how big that freedom is, it’s hard to want anything more.

"Don’t confuse liberty in Christ with license for carnality. A lot of things are possible in life that are not edifying or wise" (1 Corinthians 10:23).

"Freedom is not the right to do as you please; it is the liberty to do as you ought."

Have a blessed day my brothers & sisters!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Re: Daily Devotional 11/30/16...Liberty vs. License

Right on brother, excellent devotional; never thought of it that way!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L