Thread: Adding in Cardio?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Adding in Cardio?

Well I must admit I didn't see myself making this post looking back a few years ago lol. I've never been a cardio fan. Maybe I'm jaded because I lettered in swimming in HS. Swam for a few years. Got so burnt out on it.

Anyways recently my work made us start parking off site. It's a 10-15 minute walk unless u get lucky and can park close. They do offer a random shuttle but I hate walking. It's slow and lame! I only enjoy it when walking my dogs with my kids or my father and not trying to get someplace. I have a few nice bicycles so I said screw walking! I would rather cruise in style in 3-5 minutes! I stuff my bike in my car and roll out! I ride it back and forth a total
    Of 4 times a day. Other day I wanted to try this sandwich shop and it was equidistant to my car so I just rode there. It's been awesome! I have a very cool bike from bikesdirect.com. It has 700 sized rims like a Tour de France style racing bike but the handle bars are strait. I also put 90 deg bars at the ends of the handlebars. It's a fast smooth bike for $400. Very impressed with it! Had it a few years and didn't use it much.

Although it's a short ride my heart rate def gets going! My legs are hard as granite and def more toned! Even my wife was like have u lost weight? I am def lighter on my feet and more nimble now. We adopted this little rat/hamster/chihuahua thing for my pit bull to have a buddy. He punked me the other day in the yard wanting to play and man I chased his little ass. It was a blast!

I'm really shocked those 4 short jaunts have made such a noticeable difference in my life. I've always loved riding a bike since a child as my fav method of cardio. I also got a sweet bmx bike to relive my childhood and ride around with my kids lol.

Anyone else like bicycling and cardio?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1481173478.968752.jpg
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: Adding in Cardio?

funny I think I have the same bike ( 700mm tire and flat handle bars) although it is a road bike and not for pot holes . Very stiff.

I have not rode in a few years due to heart medication causing me to be a little susceptible to dizziness ( pumping at 20+ MPH and taking a quick turn and next thing you know you are in the road)

used to love it ..
    but I say go for it , used to have a co worker that rode 25+ miles to work from about march until the first snow.
    of course we have showers at work.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Have a spinning bike in gym for cardio but hurts my butt...stepmill and treadmill @ 10% incline for my cardio.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

I love riding , headphones ,shorts into the "Sun" I have 2 Bikes ,one for Cardio and one (Beast).....AnalogMan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
    I love riding , headphones ,shorts into the "Sun" I have 2 Bikes ,one for Cardio and one (Beast).....AnalogMan
    Nice! Thanks for the pics! 😎🚲 good stuff guys. I've never been on a street bike but I would imagine it's all the freedom of a bike with power just a throttle twist away!

Nice bike AM!

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    funny I think I have the same bike ( 700mm tire and flat handle bars) although it is a road bike and not for pot holes . Very stiff.

I have not rode in a few years due to heart medication causing me to be a little susceptible to dizziness ( pumping at 20+ MPH and taking a quick turn and next thing you know you are in the road)

used to love it ..
    but I say go for it , used to have a co worker that rode 25+ miles to work from about march until the first snow.
    of course we have showers at work.
    Yeah showers would be choice! I will smell like a dead hookers ass come summer I'm sure.

Yeah no potholes or curb jumping off with those 700! I let my wife's friend borrow it and when they tuned the front derailleur for me he said back wheel was jacked up! I'm real careful with it so doubt it was me. She's used to a $4000 down hill mountain bike so she's used to being rough on a bike lol.

Nice rides guys!

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

I love cardio - bike - elliptical- row etc . I just wish I could figure how to beat the elevation factor . I " think " I am doing well - then I go on vacay and start hiking at elevation and get my ass kicked !! I tried a mask - but I look like a damn terrorist and the thing was a piece of shit so I tossed it -Pops

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    I love cardio - bike - elliptical- row etc . I just wish I could figure how to beat the elevation factor . I " think " I am doing well - then I go on vacay and start hiking at elevation and get my ass kicked !! I tried a mask - but I look like a damn terrorist and the thing was a piece of shit so I tossed it -Pops
    I've read those masks are a scam anyways. At best they teach u how to diaphragm breathe but that's it.

Elevation is a real humbler!

Maybe it's time to finally use that elliptical we have lol.

Asked wifey for new pedals for my bicycle for xmas. It has cage ones now which are good for cranking in top gear but for my daily commute they are annoying to get my flintsone wide shoes into!
    Hoping I have some time on Sunday to ride the bmx bike with the kids. The 5 yr old really likes when I practice riding wheelies lol.