Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOWING MY AGE

SHOWING MY AGE

You would think my tendons have taken some abuse...AnalogMan , LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: SHOWING MY AGE

Did world gym turn into Planet Fitness?
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

EH?

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
    You would think my tendons have taken some abuse...AnalogMan , LOL
    I was 9 when that worlds gym membership expired 🙈
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Did world gym turn into Planet Fitness?
    No, Worlds Gym is still in places here in California. My buddy owns the two in San Diego, and we have one here in SF.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    No, Worlds Gym is still in places here in California. My buddy owns the two in San Diego, and we have one here in SF.
    you are lucky ......around here is a different story
    worlds became planet
    gold's closed and be came blast fitness
    another couple of gold's became best fitness.
    the rest of gold's closed

one Power house became fitness junkies and then closed
    another became mill city , and then choice fitness, and of course they have taken away weightlifting area to create an indoor track for personal trainers that are never booked .that is my gym. there is this roped off area that no one uses, and you can't cut across.

several years ago the big gyms were all leverage buyouts, that is where you borrow a sh*t load of money to buy the company, raise franchise fees through the roof , and then as the franchisers leave either contract end or go under, the loans don't get paid and every one gets laid off . Wall street gets fees for the raising the money for loans, the buy out and of course they have left long before everyone realizes the deal is sh*t

BTW planet fitness went public a few years back .. and that is a scam job ..
    a company goes public, and wipes out the all debt, in planet fitness case, the major owners sold the stock and cashed out...
    and the company still has significant debt and should be debt free.

I think the days of the big national chain gym, with weightlifters and body builders are over.
    you have to find your local pit gym and don't let them become a take over target..

sorry for the rant, my first gym membership was in 89 myself

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

I believe that the first Worlds gym was in Venice . CA - but I am not positive. ( Billy Pearl ) I worked out around the corner at Golds - Venice Cally . I am thinking it was mid to late 70 s. My first gym was in S .Cal around late 60s - been a LONG time - but I " think" my memory is at least pretty good -lol-OD

Golds switched to EOS by me. When it was still golds they started a $10 a month to month deal and every teenager in town joined.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    I believe that the first Worlds gym was in Venice . CA - but I am not positive. ( Billy Pearl ) I worked out around the corner at Golds - Venice Cally . I am thinking it was mid to late 70 s. My first gym was in S .Cal around late 60s - been a LONG time - but I " think" my memory is at least pretty good -lol-OD
    You are correct, it was in Venice Beach...

The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym. Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!