Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOWING MY AGE

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Re: SHOWING MY AGE

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    You are correct, it was in Venice Beach...

The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of "Muscle Beach" in Venice, CA. Joe was one of the original ringleaders of Muscle Beach. In his prime, he toured with Mae West, and was at the heart of the cozy connection that has always existed between the Muscle Beach fitness scene and the celebrity of Hollywood. Joe blazed a trail followed later by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, and Dave Draper to name just a few - all of whom had significant Hollywood careers and an intimate connection to and love for World Gym. Since that time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of people around the globe. Given its storied past, it is no surprise that World Gym is one of the most celebrated fitness brands in the world today.
    There was some big guys at Golds in those days . The names you mentioned plus more . The gear was harsh - no PCT ( what the fuck was that ? ) and all we knew is we injected and swallowed mucho gear - ate big - and got big .I am talking pure abuse - but it worked and many are still around so ??
    The gear was expensive -but we could care less- lol - was a different world back then .Seems like youngsters today are a bunch of pussies . lol-OD

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    There was some big guys at Golds in those days . The names you mentioned plus more . The gear was harsh - no PCT ( what the fuck was that ? ) and all we knew is we injected and swallowed mucho gear - ate big - and got big .I am talking pure abuse - but it worked and many are still around so ??
    The gear was expensive -but we could care less- lol - was a different world back then .Seems like youngsters today are a bunch of pussies . lol-OD
    Lmao...this is true!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

you gotta wonder what happened to the really big guys from those days. I mean no pct, no real bro science, no internet
    they must have really screwed you their hormone system

then again , we got guys really getting big, taking higher doses then ever and doing cycles,slin and hgh
    all based on bro science that is not necessarily a medical evidence , but the guy that got really big

back in the old days you had to at least read a book ..

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    you gotta wonder what happened to the really big guys from those days. I mean no pct, no real bro science, no internet
    they must have really screwed you their hormone system

then again , we got guys really getting big, taking higher doses then ever and doing cycles,slin and hgh
    all based on bro science that is not necessarily a medical evidence , but the guy that got really big

back in the old days you had to at least read a book ..
    What book ? It was just learning from others and most guys did just fine . Sure - some guys screwed up their body - but they still do it today and even more so. We learned gear by what we and others used - we ate like pigs - and got big . Sure makes you wonder if the world wasn't better off back then ? Pops

What book ? It was just learning from others and most guys did just fine . Sure - some guys screwed up their body - but they still do it today and even more so. We learned gear by what we and others used - we ate like pigs - and got big . Sure makes you wonder if the world wasn't better off back then ? Pops
    yeah that is what I was thinking,

back then they were using stuff, some knew more that others, and some not really knowing what they were doing
    Now some know more other still, but the ones that don't are taking much higher doses, and probably screwing themselves up way more

I assume Dan duchaines book. It's legendary in the sport esp for when it came out
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

duchaine was the 90's whipper snapper

what he die of heart attack? dnp overdose?

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    duchaine was the 90's whipper snapper

what he die of heart attack? dnp overdose?
    Kidney disease
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

So what about Walter Marcyan ,won the Central AAU Light Heavyweight Championship at 19 years old

In the early 1940s Walter moved to Santa Monica ,where he stated training at the new Famous "Muscle Beach" that still exists today. Where many legendary pioneers of bodybuilding trained .
    In 1946 Walter open the first of his 7 gyms in L.A. "House of Health" , he was the first to offer personal training.

In the early 1950s he participated in the first organized body building competitions, did quite well.
    He has his name on equipment in gyms all over the world now........................A.M.

Junior Member Bill the Bodybuilder's Avatar

Actually, XDUDE, thanks for the history. I love that shit. Sooo, 6 months ago, i was in Clarksville TN, and knew I was going to be moving to North County San Diego soon, so I got a Planet Fitness membership so I could go to any of them in the country. My "comeback" has advance to the point that now I need bigger dumbbells and free weights instead of smith machines. On the look out for a pit gym here in my area (Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos), but no luck so far. One thing I can say about Planet Fitness is there is a ton of free pussy there. LOL