Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 18 yr old suplement help

18 yr old suplement help

My step-son just turned 18 and played varsity basketball in high school. He is 5'9" 160 pounds lean. Problem i don't want him t aking aas! He works out on regular basis, i gave him workout routine that he follows.
    Questions:
    What pre workout, weight gainer, protein, post workout and if anything else... I think if i show him some other guys opinion on what supplements are recommended he might listen to one of you guys. He sees me and wants the results i have...... But to young to take any testosterone. Any and all comments will be great and will be passes on to him

First and foremost he's raging with testosterone if he has no aspirations of playing pro sports he doesn't even need to consider AAS. Main thing for a kid that age is to eat. Eat every 3 hours.dont eat Taco Bell or mcDonalds either. Eat well balanced meals but with a higher number coming from protein. A good whey protein shake 2-3 times a day is great also. Thought I'd chime in before the young guys with no experience( but plenty of message board experience) starts giving you their favorite "whatever" No2-64px or Nitro-kickass or whatever the new fad is this week.

I agree w fit, protein, good food and hard training is all he needs.

I'm going to ruffle some feathers, but most supplements are placebos.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    I agree w fit, protein, good food and hard training is all he needs.

I'm going to ruffle some feathers, but most supplements are placebos.
    Ah heck, placebo, what you talking about they do everything for me and I don't even have to workout. Lol. I agree, diet and dedicated training will work wonders, supplements are just an extra something to achieve your goals.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Supplements have their place but their expensive( especially for a teen) and confusing at times. Can also be wasted if taken wrong and I know a lot of veterans that still take supplements wrong.

newNimproved

Re: 18 yr old suplement help

he just needs to eat and maybe some b vitamins for energy. id stay away from the sports supplements til he is out of puberty.

Food
    Whey
    MultiV
    And if you decide... Good ol creatine mono. I think we all cut our teeth on that.

newNimproved

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Food
    Whey
    MultiV
    And if you decide... Good ol creatine mono. I think we all cut our teeth on that.
    agreed, but youngsters dont drink enough water man......prob better to stay away from creatine

Quote Originally Posted by newNimproved View Post
    agreed, but youngsters dont drink enough water man......prob better to stay away from creatine
    That's one way to get them to learn, couple days of creatine squirts will teach them to chug water! Lol.

newNimproved

lol! yeah but i dont want them having kidney failure esp if they play basketball or football and in that heat all practice.