Thread: California wants to leave the Union again...

California wants to leave the Union again...

I say let them. They are a huge anchor on this nation. I have to deal with them everyday. Without the money they get from Feds they would flounder like the Titanic in epic fashion.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Official Rep

Re: California wants to leave the Union again...

6th largest economy in world. Like every state, Texas a few years ago, you can't and you will fail.

Well yeah, but besides failing...they are so broke and tax the living crap out of its citizens that they would fail. what would they use for money? Sure as hell wouldnt be the us dollar. I dont think the people behind it realize on a practical sense it would be an utter disaster to separate for them.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    What would they use for money? Sure as hell wouldnt be the us dollar. .
    why not, several countries around the world use the US dollar for currency.
    remember all those $1 coins that US never used... well they are actually somewhat popular in countries with higher humidity ..
    because they don't wear out as fast as paper... too bad they didn't use more cause we minted a boat load of them under orders from congress.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles...-us-dollar.asp

As for leaving the union , there is always a small movement in some state after an election , it doesn't mean jack
    unless you listen to fox news and they are trying avoid actually covering the news it usually doesn't get much air play.

oh and save the bro's

when Quebec wanted to separate from Canada they wanted to use Canadian money and Canada told them no. They then said they would use French money and France told them no. So just currency alone would be problematic. Then all the protections, etc the US provides would be nil. Given that alone I would say it will never happen. I believe the US when it admits a state to the Union has a clause that forbids separation, but I could be wrong.

As for Fox reporting it, it was a side article. The other networks will not report it since it goes against their narrative. Plus it would remove the only state that can produce enough liberal popular and electoral votes in one spot that could return the whiny liberals back to power therefore, the mainstream media will give it no airplay lest they start a revolution with people buying into separating.

Therefore, I agree it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    As for Fox reporting it, it was a side article. The other networks will not report it since it goes against their narrative. Plus it would remove the only state that can produce enough liberal popular and electoral votes in one spot that could return the whiny liberals back to power therefore, the mainstream media will give it no airplay lest they start a revolution with people buying into separating.
    I always find the term liberal media really funny. What we have is conservative billionaire media , blatant republican propaganda and right and left nut jobs on youtube and the internet. the Liberal media as you call it is owned by multinational billionaires and like any company you don't tow the line you are side lined. ( or as on fox you are sexually harassed ...too soon) organizations that run on advertising by more billionares. you are hearing what the billionaires want you to hear ... do you really think the media is liberal or do you think the media is talking you into something that allows billionaires to make more money.

think about it last year verizon was on strike and the most liberal media as it is called NY time had two stories on it.when it started and when it was over. not even front page news . 400000 people on strike and that is not news? 6.5 weeks without a paycheck that effects the economy.

So you are getting this story from some one that you like what he says , as opposed to a real news source. that is fine I have a couple of them .
    you just have to realize that 3/4 of them talk out of their ass. Alex Jones used to have the best conspiracies... they were far more believable.
    now he is just weird shit.

there is a guy on youtube I listen to under jsnip4 , too funny, talks about made up shit . he is into this webbot thing that supposedly taps into the collective unconscious. talks about silver , gold and economic colllapse. totally paranoid. convince there is a central Luminati somewhere.
    Best part about it .. he actually believes this stuff , that some how someone with his means can see through the plot of the ultra rich luminati that has remained secret for generations. He also has diluted himself into think he is always right..

Anyhow when you read this fake news with alternative facts have fun, just realize you might as well be watching the black list and calling it fact.

I do agree that all news sources will give us stories to support an agenda. Rich people running it for their own personal gain? Sounds like a Pierce Brosnan James Bond Movie a few years ago. I am not into conspiracy theories as I don't believe anyone one or group is that smart. Besides, humans are too stupid to make it another 500 years without a major reset like a nuclear war. Conspiracies do keep things interesting and what if fox or BBC are right? What if? I define liberal media as those who say they are for the people but whose actions are the opposite who are so one sided they don't know about anything else. Anyway if I can't verify it I do t believe it.