Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full body vs splits

Re: Full body vs splits

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Are u doing the deadlifts? I thought u swore off them after u tweaked yourself doing dreads a while back? Everyone I know that does dreads gets fucked up doing them at some point😂 they are a great move for power just risky
    Remember that Limber 11 routine? That fixed me. I dead lift a lot now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Remember that Limber 11 routine? That fixed me. I dead lift a lot now.
    Of course I do. I still do some of it but not nearly often enough. Thanks for the reminder! I use it before bed to help me relax.

Ok orange u inspired me dusting off the almost 70 yr old program I posted up. I tried it tonight. Fuck it kicked my ass! Granted last few months I haven't been on my gym a game but it's a great simple program. I added some DB pull overs and a variation of a savend press superset for more chest and ribcage expansion.
    I'm going to stick with it s few months
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Of course I do. I still do some of it but not nearly often enough. Thanks for the reminder! I use it before bed to help me relax.

Ok orange u inspired me dusting off the almost 70 yr old program I posted up. I tried it tonight. Fuck it kicked my ass! Granted last few months I haven't been on my gym a game but it's a great simple program. I added some DB pull overs and a variation of a savend press superset for more chest and ribcage expansion.
    I'm going to stick with it s few months
    Glad you seem to enjoy it, as I do too. Really had my doubts when starting but keeping fullness no doubt. What I like is the taxation on the body and being that it's only 3 days a week this schedule permits enough time off to heal. My job is extremely physical so I break a crazy sweat almost daily so my cardio isn't lacking in the least.

Keep a journal and log the strength increases every week, makes it a lot more fun to beat previous lifts.

One thing I've noticed that's interesting is, when I performed arm days in the past I absolutely blasted my arms from every angle both bi and tri and had minor soreness the next day. Now that I'm working on strength I'm doing less sets but certainly higher weight and I notice I'm significantly more sore the following day with just a few sets. Food for thought!

I think my body and CNS are enjoying this routine more.

I'm not sore today but I'm mega pumped. My arms are super full and I only did the 4 sets of Seated DB curls but they were 4 solid sets. Had a good pump off them for sure. I love the useful overall daily power I get from these types of moves.

I'm not sore today but I'm mega pumped. My arms are super full and I only did the 4 sets of Seated DB curls but they were 4 solid sets. Had a good pump off them for sure. I love the useful overall daily power I get from these types of moves.
    Exactly!! 4 sets had me pumped as well.

8 sets of DL today. 4 snatch grip 4 regular. 300lbs for 6 reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a good workout yesterday. Repping 225 for 8-10 reps easy again for 3 sets. I'll bump up next week. Trying to pace myself and take my time.

Meant on bench press. I'll be back over 300 lb bench soon enough again.

Never been able to bench even close to that. Bench has always been my worse lift despite great pec development, however never been even remotely close to 300. Barely 225. And this is with 10 years of training.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Never been able to bench even close to that. Bench has always been my worse lift despite great pec development, however never been even remotely close to 300. Barely 225. And this is with 10 years of training.

I never could bench shit. 225 was a goal to work towards. I always did hammer machine stuff, DB , flys etc.

Once I started to use resistance bands my bench press took off like wild fire. Fight the negatives. Make them slow and fight the bands. Do that a few weeks then try no bands. Weight keeps going up. My buddy is 225 lbs and benches 495. He taught me the ways. He can rep 315 feet in the air like it's a fucking toy.