Thread: 8 Incredible Medicinal Plants from the Bible

Smile 8 Incredible Medicinal Plants from the Bible

Before the advent of synthetic compounds, injections, and expensive medications, the human body was accustomed to natural herbs and spices. Out planet Earth has thousands of healing plants that grew during biblical times. I believe that we can use what grows on Earth to heal. I am listing 8 incredible plants, all mentioned in the Bible, as well as their medicinal benefits:

Almonds - Know as Prunus dulcis, almonds contain "salicylic-acid". which goes on to form "salicylic acid." This is the primary pain-relieving component of aspirin. We all know what aspirin is for, don't we? Eating a handful each day is like consuming natural aspirin. Almonds can decrease post-prandial (after eating) blood sugar, as well as insulin and free radical damage.

Black Cumin - Know as Nigella these are jet black seeds. You can buy black cumin seed oil as a dietary supplement which help people dealing with neurological problems. The research on this is easy to find, and very promising.

Frankincense - Know as Boswellia serrate, this is a gummy resin that contains compounds that might relieve joint pain by inhibiting the inflammatory cytokines that lead to discomfort. Its producing positive results.

Garlic - I love roasted garlic on my pizza! This aromatic can support healthy cholesterol rations while decreasing platelet aggregation like a blood thinner. It can inhibit Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE), acting similarly to the drugs lisinopril and enalapril.

Myrrh - Known as Commiphora myrrha, I keep this essential oil handy for cuts. It smells bad, no lie, but it's worth having because it's a strong antiseptic and anti-everything. It could help reduce infection by a parasite, bacteria or fungus.

Olive - Know botanically as Olea europaea, the olive branch conveys a universal symbol of peace. Olive oil contains oleic acid which is a fatty acid, This compound works in conjunction with vitamin D to support immune health.

Saffron - Know as Crocus sativus, saffron acts like a natural antidepressant, anxiolytic and sedative. It contains many biologically active compounds including crocin and safranal which protect your levels of dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine. Because saffron provides cofactors for the SOD enzyme, It may be helpful if you have an SOD polymorphism.

Sage - This herb was studied on patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease and researchers concluded that sage "produced a significantly better outcome on cognitive function. Interestingly, sage was shown in lab studies to help reduce flare-ups of herpes-related viruses such as cold sores and genital herpes.

My thought for the day, herbs from the Bible..............A.M.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: 8 Incredible Medicinal Plants from the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
    Before the advent of synthetic compounds, injections, and expensive medications, the human body was accustomed to natural herbs and spices. Out planet Earth has thousands of healing plants that grew during biblical times. I believe that we can use what grows on Earth to heal. I am listing 8 incredible plants, all mentioned in the Bible, as well as their medicinal benefits:

Almonds - Know as Prunus dulcis, almonds contain "salicylic-acid". which goes on to form "salicylic acid." This is the primary pain-relieving component of aspirin. We all know what aspirin is for, don't we? Eating a handful each day is like consuming natural aspirin. Almonds can decrease post-prandial (after eating) blood sugar, as well as insulin and free radical damage.

Black Cumin - Know as Nigella these are jet black seeds. You can buy black cumin seed oil as a dietary supplement which help people dealing with neurological problems. The research on this is easy to find, and very promising.

Frankincense - Know as Boswellia serrate, this is a gummy resin that contains compounds that might relieve joint pain by inhibiting the inflammatory cytokines that lead to discomfort. Its producing positive results.

Garlic - I love roasted garlic on my pizza! This aromatic can support healthy cholesterol rations while decreasing platelet aggregation like a blood thinner. It can inhibit Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE), acting similarly to the drugs lisinopril and enalapril.

Myrrh - Known as Commiphora myrrha, I keep this essential oil handy for cuts. It smells bad, no lie, but it's worth having because it's a strong antiseptic and anti-everything. It could help reduce infection by a parasite, bacteria or fungus.

Olive - Know botanically as Olea europaea, the olive branch conveys a universal symbol of peace. Olive oil contains oleic acid which is a fatty acid, This compound works in conjunction with vitamin D to support immune health.

Saffron - Know as Crocus sativus, saffron acts like a natural antidepressant, anxiolytic and sedative. It contains many biologically active compounds including crocin and safranal which protect your levels of dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine. Because saffron provides cofactors for the SOD enzyme, It may be helpful if you have an SOD polymorphism.

Sage - This herb was studied on patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease and researchers concluded that sage "produced a significantly better outcome on cognitive function. Interestingly, sage was shown in lab studies to help reduce flare-ups of herpes-related viruses such as cold sores and genital herpes.

I like it!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post

Good stuff! Love my Frankincense oil and it is pricey stuff

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Great post - on my trips all around the globe I am constantly looking for various herbs- medicinals etc . Very rewarding to say the least -OD

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    Great post - on my trips all around the globe I am constantly looking for various herbs- medicinals etc . Very rewarding to say the least -OD
    Got any favorites?

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Got any favorites?
    Not really - I guess my all around favorite is Aloe - but in certain locations they are huge and VERY potent -OD

I have a friend who burns sage and I have read about the benefits of doing it. This wouldnt go over well in my house if I start burning it,lol
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."