Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hernia repair

Hernia repair

So I had basically 4 hernias, hiatal, inguinal (groin) one by sternum and a diastasis rectus (goes from sternum to belly button). It was a biggin. Insurance company considers that one a cosmetic fix but my surgeon fixed it cornered cause it was ugly and causing me lots of pain. She tagged it on the repair f the other one by sternum. The other two we will do at a later date since they were small and not bad off yet.

Right now the pain pain is nuts. I have 10mg Percocet but they don't do a whole lot. Percocet used to be great but now it's like baby aspirin. Maybe cause I weigh 250 at 5'10.5 inches. Looks like I will be flat on my back for a week at least. Bu now when I do sit-ups it wont look like my guts are popping out of my abdomen.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Re: Hernia repair

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    I have 10mg Percocet but they don't do a whole lot. Percocet used to be great but now it's like baby aspirin. Maybe cause I weigh 250 at 5'10.5 inches. .
    yeah percocet neve really did anything for pain for me , just made me not care .

mix it with a beer and I was flying , so you might want to try that ...

you be up in a week feel great

how can they say anything causes pain is cosmetic?

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    yeah percocet neve really did anything for pain for me , just made me not care .

mix it with a beer and I was flying , so you might want to try that ...

you be up in a week feel great

how can they say anything causes pain is cosmetic?
    That is the state of affairs these days. My ins used to be great then along came a spider and rewrote our ins so now you pretty much gotta be dying to get things covered and then the ins company still wants to know if a third party might be responsible to pay for it. I mean really, I went in because I thought I was having a heart attack and later on my ins company called me to ask if someone else was the cause of my possible heart attack and if so was going to not pay out and try to collect from them the hospital fees. I mean really, seriously?! I suppose the KGB could have poisoned me.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK

Arron any typing errrs. My eyeballs are swimming around from the percocets.

Brother,I'm glad you got it done. I had a guy I trained ,he was 60 years old. He went 2 years with a double hernia ,because his ins, "Obama care" would not pay for it. He said (I wait till I'm on Medicare)... Look like he was pregnant. I couldn't stand him being in that pain. He just got divorced and was trying to get (some) life back.
    Anyway, I took him to the hospital and told him, just take your a** in there and demand it..
    Well,they did the surgery, all went will, and he has lost 75lbs..Looks like a different person. I can't say how the ins turned out, but ,he's a hard working brother, and should never have had to go threw that.
    I know you'll be SO happy you got it done......I seen what the outcome is,(first hand).. By summer, you'll be in the gym, look in the mirror and thank God you got er done...

I happy for you my brother, and wish you all the health and happiness in the new year.................A.M.
    Last edited by AnalogMan; 02-16-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
    Brother,I'm glad you got it done. I had a guy I trained ,he was 60 years old. He went 2 years with a double hernia ,because his ins, "Obama care" would not pay for it. He said (I wait till I'm on Medicare)... Look like he was pregnant. I couldn't stand him being in that pain. He just got divorced and was trying to get (some) life back.
    Anyway, I took him to the hospital and told him, just take your a** in there and demand it..
    Well,they did the surgery, all went will, and he has lost 75lbs..Looks like a different person. I can't say how the ins turned out, but ,he's a hard working brother, and should never have had to go threw that.
    I know you'll be SO happy you got it done......I seen what the outcome is,(first hand).. By summer, you'll be in the gym, look in the mirror and thank God you got er done...

I happy for you my brother, and wish you all the health and happiness in the new year.................A.M.
    Thanks brother. I think or at least I am hoping it was the reason I was always looking boated. Abdominal wall being compromised was meeting everything push out. Now I have to lose 60 pounds to ge to 190

Figures. Get an nfection. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Figures. Get an nfection. Fun.
    that sucks ... the advantage of arthroscopic is less exposure .so less chance of infections, but if there is an infection it is already inside you..

Lasted a day or so. It sucked. Now for many reasons. Just stay in my bedroom all day on my back. Easier than dealing with haters

So right now o am week and a half out from the big ass hernia repair. OMG! I feel like I have been shot and run thru with a Roman sword. At least I can sit and walk but at end of day it is like wtf did I do? Surgery a success so now it is a waiting game to get back to training.