Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts???

Thoughts???

Folks I'm looking for thoughts on my program, Ive been doing this routine for a year now. I have good weeks and bad weeks, when I say that I mean I hurt some weeks and some I feel great. Using cyp, Deca, d-bol.

Day 1 Heavy Back and shoulders, 4 sets of pull ups with weight, dumbell shoulder press. Keeping reps to max weight at 6 to 8 reps. Alternating between the 2 excersises. Calve raises doing the same. Rows doing the same with shrugs.

Day 2, Heavy chest, the sets are 3 intstead of 4 and reps are the same as back. Incline dumbell fly's (sometimes use cables), abs, flat dumbell fly's, abs. Incline bench, abs. Flat bench, abs. Incline bench has been giving my right shoulder a fit lately.

Day3, Heavy Arms, This varies on the mood, but bar bell or bumbell bi's, Dumbell lying tri's, 4 sets each. 10 min break (usualy walk on tread mill) then preacher curls, flat bar tri's.

Day 4, Heavy legs, 6 sets of squats, concentrated ham's, leg ext. If I have anything left I'll get on the leg press to exaustion.

Day 5, OFF, maybe a 30 min walk on tread mill to circulate blood to keep the soreness down.

Day 6, Light Back and Bi's. Same excersises but higher reps. Reps to 12 to 15.

Day 7, Light chest and Tri's. Same excersises but higher reps. Reps to 12 to 15. I'll do some dips this day since I'm doing chest and tri's together.

Day 8, light legs, same as heavy except for reps will be taken to 20.

Then a day off and start over again. Is this to much? It seems to work good and I stay sore all the time. I'm 40 and eat right. I'm currently 245lbs at 6'4" and bf around %12. Every 6 weeks I'll take 4 days in a row off, which is tough because I feel like I need to be working out LOL.

Thanks! Fire away!

Re: Thoughts???

Seems a bit much if your working the same body part 2/week. Also for me personally I don't like to stay with the same routine for more than a month before I switch it up, you say you've been with this routine for a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    Seems a bit much if your working the same body part 2/week. Also for me personally I don't like to stay with the same routine for more than a month before I switch it up, you say you've been with this routine for a year?
    I agree. Way too long to be on a program, especially one that's working A muscle twice a week. Look into 5/3/1 or Westside. It sounds like those might be right up your alley. Then if you want to hit a muscle group twice a week, the conjugate method in Westside training would be PERFECT!

Well my thought was heavy short reps and light with long reps. I do change up the way I do the excersise, but I was leaning on never doing the same reps all the time so the body keeps guessing. What is 5/3/1 and Westside? Also, if I just work a body part a week I don't feel like it's doing much good. If I was a novice lifter then yes, but I've been lifting for quiet a few years. I'll see if I can post a pic of me.

2012-07-27.jpg

It seems to be working, just looking for further thoughts.

One more thing I forgot add, I'm in a bulking phase now.

5/3/1 and Westside (conjugate) are powerlifting programs. But both will get you fucking jacked! They focus on big, compound, multi-joint movements. If your bulking and looking to change things up, I think either one would be perfect for you.

Bruiser, where can I find the program at?

BRO I URGE YOU TO LOOSE THE FUCKING LEG EXTENSIONS!!
    Take that dam machine from your gym and burn that fucker up!
    This is the very worst excersize ever developed for weight training. It is a total knee wrecking son of a bitch.
    Put Front Squats in place of that and you will be doing your knee longevity a massive favor.

Quote Originally Posted by wanabbig View Post
    Bruiser, where can I find the program at?
    Here's one of many links with a basic template

http://www.bodybuilding.net/powerlif...late-3063.html