Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts???

Re: Thoughts???

Thanks, yeah that is a lot of combanation excersises, I've never done anything like that before, there seem to be a lot of leg stuff in there for a week. Thanx for passing it along, I'll def look into it.

zedhead, don't like ext hu? I've heard bad things about doing them, but so far I've had good luck with them. I keep my toes turned in while performing the excersize.

Quote Originally Posted by wanabbig View Post
    Thanks, yeah that is a lot of combanation excersises, I've never done anything like that before, there seem to be a lot of leg stuff in there for a week. Thanx for passing it along, I'll def look into it.

zedhead, don't like ext hu? I've heard bad things about doing them, but so far I've had good luck with them. I keep my toes turned in while performing the excersize.
    I love it! You can work to a 1RM every week and never fry your CNS because you're doing variations instead of the same movement.

For example, bench: flat bench, incline, floor press, rack press, close grip, wide grip, 1-5 board, fat bar, chains, bands, etc. I figure I've got enough variations in my gym/garage to never do the same ME (max effort) lift for bench twice in six months!

Same goes for DE (Dynamic Effort) days. And for hypertrophy... try to tell me that hitting the muscle group that thoroughly from that many angles you're not gonna fuckin grow! You'll get real strong, real big, real fast.

True that! I'll have to do a modified verson of it. i don't think my right shoulder will hold up to a max rep of 5 on the bench. it sucks getting old lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wanabbig View Post
    True that! I'll have to do a modified verson of it. i don't think my right shoulder will hold up to a max rep of 5 on the bench. it sucks getting old lol.
    That's what is awesome about Westside, it's made to modify. If there's a certain movement that flares up an injury, there's 100 more variations to choose from.

I would say, that is by far the most hardcore workout I've have ever seen. I will have to say in high school my routine was similar to yours. I grew like a weed; but as I aged I seem to need a little more time to recover. I would change it up a little. The most I would go on any routine is a month or two. A far as your slit you go 4 day before a break. I would go 3 on 1 off on 3 on 2 off. I think changing things up every once in a while is good to. It gives you a chance to refresh and recovery. I hope this helps Bro.

Thats a workout if I ever saw one. You should grow just fine.

Like stated above 5/3/1 is the shit. But you can't beat the 5x5 program too. Just switch it up more often and you will see changes in odd places. Even places you thought were stuck and won't grow. Your body adapts pretty quick. So the more you change it up the better.