Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Routines

Routines

Just trying to get an idea if everyone's workout routine. I want to switch it up a bit.
    Here is what I do:
    1. chest, tris
    2. back, bis
    3. shoulders, traps
    4. legs
    5. start over.
    6. off
    7. off
    Basically hitting each muscle group 3 times every two weeks.
    Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed. I only have about an hour every morning to work out.

Re: Routines

Very similar routine to mine, except... I workout Legs beginning of the week so they can fully recover by the weekend, next is Back (Lats, Traps, Lower Back, Rear Delts), next is Chest & Tri's, and then rest two days, and then ending with Biceps & Shoulders (Front Delts, Medial Delts, Rear Delts again), then rest on 7th day.... hitting each muscle group just once per week; except for Abs, I do them everyday. I do Biceps and Shoulders together to prevent having to use my rotator cuffs more than I need to. (You'll learn quick to adjust your workout once you've had shoulder reconstruction surgery to prevent re-injury!) If you do the training right (High Intensity Training to muscle failure; putting in 100%, then hitting each muscle group once per week is all you need.) I view anything else as "over-training" I've developed my own techniques according to my body type, but my training is similar to HIT and I add in drop sets because of time restraints, which is something you might consider giving that you only have an hour each morning.
    You're on the right path brother; good training and a good solid diet will help you dial it in and achieve your goals. Good luck and God Bless...
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

I'm doing a full body routine right now.

I do it 2-3 days a week.

U start of 8-12 reps x3 sets and keep adding sets and Lower reps to be at 6x6 in a few months.

Squats
    Bench press
    Standing press
    Bent over row
    Lat pull downs
    Seated bicep DB curl

It's an ass kicker of a routine that's 70+ years old.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post

I do it 2-3 days a week.

U start of 8-12 reps x3 sets and keep adding sets and Lower reps to be at 6x6 in a few months.

Squats
    Bench press
    Standing press
    Bent over row
    Lat pull downs
    Seated bicep DB curl

Perfect

I do it 2-3 days a week.

Squats
    Bench press
    Standing press
    Bent over row
    Lat pull downs
    Seated bicep DB curl

So you're only doing those six exercises every time you go to the gym?

Quote Originally Posted by JRod View Post
    So you're only doing those six exercises every time you go to the gym?
    I too would like more info. I'm about to start a part time job and it will knock my gym time down quite a bit. I'm looking for something that's tried and true and won't take an hour plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by squatpresspull View Post
    I too would like more info. I'm about to start a part time job and it will knock my gym time down quite a bit. I'm looking for something that's tried and true and won't take an hour plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. I know u guys are thinking same as me. "That looks too easy". It's not lol.

I do mix it up a little or add what I feel like doing for the day. For instance I'll substitute incline barbell or DB one day over flat bench. Or add a few more bicep moves another. Instead of barbell row I'll do T bar rows with a bar in the corner etc. I mostly stick to the simple format though.

If u look at it...it's a push/pull routine. The major key points are the day of rest in between for the CNS to rest. They power/mass moves have been making me strong fast.

Hopefully u can read those it was being a bitch to upload the pics

Yup. I know u guys are thinking same as me. "That looks too easy". It's not lol.

I do mix it up a little or add what I feel like doing for the day. For instance I'll substitute incline barbell or DB one day over flat bench. Or add a few more bicep moves another. Instead of barbell row I'll do T bar rows with a bar in the corner etc. I mostly stick to the simple format though.

If u look at it...it's a push/pull routine. The major key points are the day of rest in between for the CNS to rest. They power/mass moves have been making me strong fast.

Hopefully u can read those it was being a bitch to upload the pics
    Awesome. I'll see about putting it into an Excel spreadsheet. No, I'm not any good at formula's, but I work better with it structured.

IG:

Between the rep and set changes, how much do you go up in weight? Or do you do it by "feel"? Anything else like that you can think of and post would be great. Maybe how you started it with weights and rest.. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by squatpresspull View Post
    IG:

Between the rep and set changes, how much do you go up in weight? Or do you do it by "feel"? Anything else like that you can think of and post would be great. Maybe how you started it with weights and rest.. etc.
    I always train by biofeedback. If I'm feeling strong that day I go for it! Today I felt weaker and just stayed lower weights and was happy to be at the gym training. Since this is more a mass and powa routine I do take longer rest periods then my BB routines which are typically very fast paced with mostly supersets and drop sets with minimal rest.