Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iphone X

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: iphone X

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Agreed! They are so smart though. They let u throw it onto the contact so u just pay a "small" monthly fee just like rolling negative equity into a car loan. The old "it's only x amount more a month".

They are geniuses.....
    They play on people's wants and trying to keep up with the Jones's, if one were to spend that much money on say a laptop computer you would get a pretty nice one, or say a family vacation where memories are made...to me it is ridiculous to spend that type of money on a device, it really is getting out of hand...smartphones have become another addiction that people are having to deal with. I don't know, but I do know I will not be getting one.

I won't fall for their genius marketing lol.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

V.I.P.

Become the M'ther Fn Jones's..hahaha..

Amazing marketing plan from Samsung and Apple, you have to admit. What I think is stupid is people spreading there finances thin just for a phone. That is ridiculous... Now I don't get a new phone every year but I try to get a new one when it matters. I need not only my phone's but my laptops to be as fast as possible. For the X there are a ton of features that I can benefit from. Different perspective from my standpoint. :-)

I do agree with you guys, some people honestly are addicted to having the latest phone out. Even if it doesn't make sense for the upgrade. Crazy..

motorolabagphone11.jpg

This is the first phone I ever owned, it was $1000.00 back in the day and cost 300.00 bucks a month to use !! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by knights View Post
    motorolabagphone11.jpg

This is the first phone I ever owned, it was $1000.00 back in the day and cost 300.00 bucks a month to use !! LOL
    Lol, dang...show that to this generation of kids, some have never seen a phone booth! I remember a call was a quarter. That is a classic phone right there Knights!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

motorolabagphone11.jpg

That's sweet Knights.. I had one of those , late 90's. Wow ,have not seen one of those since the 90's (Bag Phone). I'd hold on to that bad boy......AM

I remember when I used to carry around a pager!!!! lol Everybody thought you were hot sh*t if you had a pager in high school.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

I had forgotten it, but now that you mention it Knights, I remember the first cell I got was hardwired into my car back in the 80's. It was called an Okie or something like that. Big handset on the console and a shoebox containing the guts which they put in the trunk. Cost something like 2K and the bill was $2-400 per month. That was for like an hour of talk time and a lot of $ for a phone bill back then. So, even through the iPhone X is up there at $1K, things have certainly gotten better and cheaper in some ways.

78364199_XS.jpg

This was the first cell phone I remember, we had it for work back in the day before the Nokia ones came out that everyone started buying.

its amazing how much technology has grown and will grow! sooner or later we'll teleport to anywhere in the world!!!

motorolabagphone11.jpg

I had one of those for work... someone figured out you could get bonus points from verizon that you could buy shit with.
    my co worker used his so much he got a computer setup..

after a couple of years we switch to digital phones that didn't have a brick battery..