Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iphone X

iphone X

any one getting this beast ? $1149 wtf.
    I have to admit, it looks real sweet, bigger display than the I phone 8 plus and not much bigger than iphone regular .

Re: iphone X

I've got a iPhone 7 plus, it was painful shelling out the $ for it, and I still don't use 70% of the functions or to its fullest abilities. I think once you get into that price category, it ain't about the functionality or features, its all about the bragging rights. Lets be realistic, who really uses all of even 1/2 of the functions on their smart phones.

I've got a 7 Plus phone myself and had the same thought- I don't take advantage of 3/4 of what it has to offer either. X looks beautiful though.

Phones are out of hand. U used to be able to buy the phone outright for $250 or less. Now it's $500+

I'm with you guys I have a iPhone SE which is the guts of the iPhone 6+ but in the original sized iPhones. Wife and I don't like the jumbo size of the new ones. Great for YouTube or videos but a tad too large for daily practical use if u ask me.

We also don't like how on the 7 they ditched the headphone jack....yes I know the world buys Bluetooth headphones but I'm fine with the freebies they provide they come in handy at times. Not about to spend another $100+ for Bluetooth earbuds for the rare use they get.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

I have a 6s plus.( yes the big one ). I thought the push feature allowing you to peak at a app was a great idea that didn't seem to pan out. The only reason I upgraded to the 6s plus was the moto g I had locked by the carrier and couldn't be patched. I went to a site called https://www.whistleout.com/ plug in the phone you want or don't want, how much up front
    how long you plan on keeping it and they sort every plan out there and 1 2 and 3 year cost

moto g is still a pretty good $230 phone . buy direct from motorola and get a cheap wireless plan in the end it will save you money and an unlock phone is upgraded direct from motorola. ( where as my moto g was lock to the carrier I was stuck)

BTW there was no 7S they went straight to 8 and "x" of course. So I assume you guys have a 7

V.I.P.

Im waiting to get the X, I have the iPhone 7 now. Will not get the 8. The new features the X has is worth the upgrade from my 7.

Still using my trusty old galaxy 5s!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by knights View Post
    I think once you get into that price category, it ain't about the functionality or features, its all about the bragging rights.
    I think that you are right and that is the whole point . That they offer a phone so expensive, so sweet looking that it becomes the prize. So you offer it as a prize for a contest, reward for attending time share thing . etc.

ie most people will not buy it, they will win it.
    and ofcourse apple pockets the money.

that is how I got my ipod and Ipad opening checking accounts etc. ( granted I think I would have to get a mortgage to justify a 1100 bucks)

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

I would never pay that much money for a cell phone...that is just pure greed.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    I would never pay that much money for a cell phone...that is just pure greed.
    Agreed! They are so smart though. They let u throw it onto the contact so u just pay a "small" monthly fee just like rolling negative equity into a car loan. The old "it's only x amount more a month".

They are geniuses.....
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!