Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to Kevin kazman68

Shout-out to Kevin kazman68

I wanted to take a minute to give a HUGE thanks to Kevin;

I reached out to Kevin for some dietary advice a little while back. While I've been pretty successful at adding muscle, I've never been able to nail down my diet to be able to get the fat off w/o losing muscle at the same time. It was always one or the other--cut calories to lean out and lose a LOT of size/strength at the same time, or eat like a horse and put on a lot of excess fat along with the muscle.

Recently I asked Kevin about carb cycling--I had a rudimentary understanding of it, but I was never able to figure it out successfully. Kevin took the time to explain it to me in layman's terms, and I started the plan less than a week ago--and I'm ALREADY seeing positive results!

One meal at a time. One day at a time. One pound at a time.

Thank you brother.

Re: Shout-out to Kevin kazman68

I always have the same issue. Glad you found help from Kaz. What are your stats? Goals?

6', currently hovering around 265#, down 50+ lbs since April when I started a strict low carb plan (basically Atkins) but I lost a LOT of size & strength doing that plan--hence the switch to carb cycling. I've always trained natty save for a couple PH runs (barely noticeable results at best) and a one-time dabble with tren that only lasted about 2 weeks.

Typical endomorph build, tend to store most of my fat viscerally. Best #'s are a 385 bench with a near miss on 400 5 minutes later (couldn't lock my elbows @ the top), a SUPER-easy 385 ass to ankles squat--but due to a back injury I sustained in the late `80's that still flares up, I never tried to go heavier. I was squatting 315 for 4 sets of 8 with ease at the time. Completely unable to deadlift due to the back issues--even going light (<135) throws it out and I'm down for 6 weeks to recuperate. Seated OHP 225X6X4, PR of 265X3.

Goals are simple--decent size and functional strength. Don't care about having visible abs, will be happy if I can see my Johnson w/o having to bend over.

You are most welcome my brother, happy everything is working well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
    6', currently hovering around 265#, down 50+ lbs since April when I started a strict low carb plan (basically Atkins) but I lost a LOT of size & strength doing that plan--hence the switch to carb cycling. I've always trained natty save for a couple PH runs (barely noticeable results at best) and a one-time dabble with tren that only lasted about 2 weeks.

Typical endomorph build, tend to store most of my fat viscerally. Best #'s are a 385 bench with a near miss on 400 5 minutes later (couldn't lock my elbows @ the top), a SUPER-easy 385 ass to ankles squat--but due to a back injury I sustained in the late `80's that still flares up, I never tried to go heavier. I was squatting 315 for 4 sets of 8 with ease at the time. Completely unable to deadlift due to the back issues--even going light (<135) throws it out and I'm down for 6 weeks to recuperate. Seated OHP 225X6X4, PR of 265X3.

Goals are simple--decent size and functional strength. Don't care about having visible abs, will be happy if I can see my Johnson w/o having to bend over.
    You are a strong dude and it will all come back in time. Have you thought of TRT to help you at this point? Ever get your levels checked?

Quote Originally Posted by SFDan View Post
    You are a strong dude and it will all come back in time. Have you thought of TRT to help you at this point? Ever get your levels checked?
    Last time he was checked he was around 400, and his 'doctor' flat out refused to talk about it.

Like Kevin said, I had my levels tested in `15, they came back at 466 total (300-890 ng/dl window), no other info was provided. Doc wouldn't even discuss putting me on trt.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
    Like Kevin said, I had my levels tested in `15, they came back at 466 total (300-890 ng/dl window), no other info was provided. Doc wouldn't even discuss putting me on trt.
    BS and didn't even bother to check e2, unbound test levels or thyroid etc..

V.I.P.

I was labeled an abuser where I have to go if I want to use insurance they won't give me test anymore.

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Layddually2 View Post
    I was labeled an abuser where I have to go if I want to use insurance they won't give me test anymore.
    Why bother ? Test is cheap - a few bucks to put up with idiots just isn't worth it -OD