Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
Absolutely ^ why I get pissed when people think it's all aas, they have no clue how hard the dieting is.
Was just talking to OD about this yesterday, it wasn't until I figured out my nutrition is when I put on size, and the whole myth that carbs will make you fat concept, the right kind of carbs and lots of them (especially if you intensely train 2+ hours a day) your body needs them to perform at your best, and eating the nutrients your body needs to repair and refuel at the right time. I am at 262 right now, and my body fat is pretty low, and I am eating 5800 cals daily, 3800 come from complex carbs...it has been a long time coming to figure it out but you have to see how your body reacts to the foods you consume. For instance...I eat every single morning 15 egg whites, 2 yolks, and 2 servings of Steel Cut Oats with dried cranberries... doesn't change because my body likes that food, as well as other meals are either chicken breast, 1-2c brown rice, and a green veggie like asparagus, or green beans, or broccoli. I don't detour from what I eat daily, just use some low sugar BBQ sauce or something like honey mustard. I will have sushi as a cheat meal, or pizza, or burger, but stick with what works best for your body. I don't eat red meat much at all, even the leanest cuts are high in fats, so stick with leaner choices daily. Can never go wrong with chicken/turkey and rice!!! It's who I am and I really don't consider it dieting either...it's a mind set.