Thread: "IIFYM"--yea/nay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "IIFYM"--yea/nay?

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Was just talking to OD about this yesterday, it wasn't until I figured out my nutrition is when I put on size, and the whole myth that carbs will make you fat concept, the right kind of carbs and lots of them (especially if you intensely train 2+ hours a day) your body needs them to perform at your best, and eating the nutrients your body needs to repair and refuel at the right time. I am at 262 right now, and my body fat is pretty low, and I am eating 5800 cals daily, 3800 come from complex carbs...it has been a long time coming to figure it out but you have to see how your body reacts to the foods you consume. For instance...I eat every single morning 15 egg whites, 2 yolks, and 2 servings of Steel Cut Oats with dried cranberries... doesn't change because my body likes that food, as well as other meals are either chicken breast, 1-2c brown rice, and a green veggie like asparagus, or green beans, or broccoli. I don't detour from what I eat daily, just use some low sugar BBQ sauce or something like honey mustard. I will have sushi as a cheat meal, or pizza, or burger, but stick with what works best for your body. I don't eat red meat much at all, even the leanest cuts are high in fats, so stick with leaner choices daily. Can never go wrong with chicken/turkey and rice!!! It's who I am and I really don't consider it dieting either...it's a mind set.
    MA, you're making me hungry just talking about it! lol Great advice though... you hit the nail on the head.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Re: "IIFYM"--yea/nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    MA, you're making me hungry just talking about it! lol Great advice though... you hit the nail on the head.
    Yep consistency is the key in the gym and in the kitchen!