Thread: watch out for ice

watch out for ice

well last night I was leaving work and walked out the cement walk way about 50 ft. I am about to step on to the parking lot when I slid a little, and realize this is all black ice and it is a drizzling rain to slick it all up. so I am watching my footing, and slipped and fell on my knees. there is nothing to grab on to and I can not get up. I just slipped and fell again. I crawl to a snow bank looking for tracking and manage to stand. I manage to get footing with the help of a fence, and bent to pick up the laptop, and lost footing and stumbled and skid into the parking lot ,I slipped and landed on my back spread eagle. I gave up and crawled to the Jeep. pulled my self up and dragged my self into the seat.I drove over to the laptop cause I didn't want to touch the ground. I don't think there are any broken bones , but I feel like I was run over by a truck. I took today off, and will have to fill out workman's comp paper work , just in case I am wrong and I do have something broke.

A few years back Branch Warren tore a Quad slipping on ice down a stairway, I couldn't figure out how he tore such a strong muscle . (especially his) Now I understand. I landed flat , on a stairwell I would have broke or tore something.

So watch the black ice guys
    I am just worried the security video will end up on YouTube

Re: watch out for ice

I’m in the Midwest and I can’t tell you how many times this winter I’ve sprawled out and fell flat on my ass, we big guys just aren’t graceful enough for this shit! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by knights View Post
    I’m in the Midwest and I can’t tell you how many times this winter I’ve sprawled out and fell flat on my ass, we big guys just aren’t graceful enough for this shit! LOL
    I with you brother, I have fallen so many times on ice/black ice. Worst is when you get out of the car and first step "bam" your on your rear end. Or when you are on steps and biff it, good way to tear or break something.

Thanks
    TMM

LOL, just last week I stepped out of the car, had a cup of coffee in one hand.....and sure as shit, coffee goes one way and I go the other.

well on the bright side the hot coffee didn't land on you...

overall I am much less sore..however, my butt is still sore and walking is uncomfortable.