Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Board

Re: Prayer Board

Amen! Thank you all.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Hoss, you ever read the book Feeling Good? The new mood therapy book. Look into it! If you need a copy I’ll send you one in a couple weeks when I’m home. Such a good book for this subject, been there many times. Making huge improvements the last couple years.
    I'll look into it. Thanks Orange.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

This verse always comes to mind when I continuously give into the temptation of sin....(followed by guilt, then depression & despair)....Do ya'll go thru the same thing?

Romans 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)
    15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    This verse always comes to mind when I continuously give into the temptation of sin....(followed by guilt, then depression & despair)....Do ya'll go thru the same thing?

Romans 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)
    15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    Know that verse well my brother, the one thing mentioned already is you are forgiven, you just need to forgive yourself and ask God to guide your footsteps, help remove the triggers of temptation, and get back to the narrow path. Also, never walk in the valley alone, do not condemn yourself, reach out to your brothers and sisters to help you. I had no idea you were living in such darkness, reach out so we can at least pray for you and your family, we can't do this on our own and God never wanted us to. We are here for you, accountability brothers, just reach out your hand and not only will we grab it, so will Jesus. We love you my brother, let's get you through this.

Your signature verse says it all...iron sharpens iron!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Hoss I love your honesty. We’re all there at times. Something I want to mention. Not all may agree but here is where my hearts at. Jesus in the garden before he was crucified was described as having blood seeping from his pores. In other words he was sweating blood prior to his death right? Crazy. A lot of people over the history of this verse have contextually interpreted fear of what he was about to face that caused this biological reaction, that yes, is very possible within our anatomy. I’ve heard over the years pastors and people say that Jesus was so afraid of the physical PAIN he was going to go through, that this is what caused that to happen. I totally disagree with this interpretation. I’ll tell you why. Jesus was familiar with the natural reactions our bodies have to pain, stubbing a tow, scratching yourself, bruises etc. remember his body wasn’t perfect, his soul and spirit were. I’ll tell you why I thought he was bleeding. He was bleeding because he was afraid of what he was unfamiliar with. Not familiar with. All that emotional pain, hurt, anxiety, anger, shame, loneliness, isolation and over all YUCKY gross disgusted feeling we place on ourselves...THAT WAS WHAT HE WAS ABOUT TO Bare for us. He realized for he first time in his life he would exp all the sin of the world, then and forever in one moment, that he was the atonement for all of us, that my friend, is something he had never felt. And because he had the foreknowledge of knowing this separation from his father was about to take place it caused blood to be excreted from his body. He knew he would feel the guilt, shame and depression you feel when you fall short. He felt it because he took it for you, he punished sin on the cross so that you don’t have to punish yourself. Sin has no power unless you take Jesus off the cross. Let his death serve as a reminder that he died so you could live. Love ya brother

Hoss I love your honesty. We’re all there at times. Something I want to mention. Not all may agree but here is where my hearts at. Jesus in the garden before he was crucified was described as having blood seeping from his pores. In other words he was sweating blood prior to his death right? Crazy. A lot of people over the history of this verse have contextually interpreted fear of what he was about to face that caused this biological reaction, that yes, is very possible within our anatomy. I’ve heard over the years pastors and people say that Jesus was so afraid of the physical PAIN he was going to go through, that this is what caused that to happen. I totally disagree with this interpretation. I’ll tell you why. Jesus was familiar with the natural reactions our bodies have to pain, stubbing a tow, scratching yourself, bruises etc. remember his body wasn’t perfect, his soul and spirit were. I’ll tell you why I thought he was bleeding. He was bleeding because he was afraid of what he was unfamiliar with. Not familiar with. All that emotional pain, hurt, anxiety, anger, shame, loneliness, isolation and over all YUCKY gross disgusted feeling we place on ourselves...THAT WAS WHAT HE WAS ABOUT TO Bare for us. He realized for he first time in his life he would exp all the sin of the world, then and forever in one moment, that he was the atonement for all of us, that my friend, is something he had never felt. And because he had the foreknowledge of knowing this separation from his father was about to take place it caused blood to be excreted from his body. He knew he would feel the guilt, shame and depression you feel when you fall short. He felt it because he took it for you, he punished sin on the cross so that you don’t have to punish yourself. Sin has no power unless you take Jesus off the cross. Let his death serve as a reminder that he died so you could live. Love ya brother
    LOVE THIS!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

LOVE THIS!!!

V.I.P.

That is Supernaturally Awesome brother.

V.I.P.

I pray today God meets you right where your at Big Hoss and lifts you up!! Love you brother have a great day!!!!

Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers.... now it's time for me to put it to use and walk the walk. God bless you all and I will pray for all of you as well. Have a blessed day.