Thread: Prayer Board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Prayer Board

there is an old saying "happiness is not having what you want ..it is wanting what you got."
    I often think that people forget that.
    you should not get up saying I want this, that, and the next thing.
    it should start with , hey I woke! that is a good start..
    I have a roof over my head, I have breakfast in the fridge. etc...
    and then you realize this ,that, and the next thing is not as important...
    don't get me wrong you should want things, otherwise you don't have a reason to work harder.. but count your blessings.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

"Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey His laws
    and search for Him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in His paths."

Psalm 119:1-3

Have been in the book of Psalms this week to raise my spirits in these days of darkness, and yes joy is much deeper than happiness, and happiness is actually blessings, so when you count your blessings you are taking account of the things in your life that make you happy...God's love and grace, my beautiful marriage to my wife, my beautiful loving daughters, our home, our jobs, food, water, air, the ability to do what we love such as training, connected with that is our health and our bodies, there is so much to be joyful for that doesn't have to do with money...if you base your happiness on material possessions then like RWUS and Xdude stated, that happiness will be short lived. My joy is in the Lord, and I am thankful for all He has blessed us with, me with, and if you sit back and ponder that, you will fill your heart with what truly matters.

Let's keep this going my brothers!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

V.I.P.

I thank God and the MC for this thread. Everyone have a great day and know we worship a GREAT GOD!!!!!!!
    Last edited by reapwhatusow; 02-25-2018 at 08:04 AM.

V.I.P.

Service was great today worship was lead by the youth ministry and was AWESOME! Today's message was good for me. And hopefully you will find this helpful. I have always had some kind of immortal complex certainly a prideful sin. Today I was slapped in the head with love by the Holy Spirit. It is not because of MY strength that I make it through day to day. God's power is what sustains us. When it comes to a spiritual battle (warfare if you will) no amount of human strength is going to suffice. When the evil one comes to distract us, put us down, and destroy us. We cannot physically fend him off. We see in II Corinth 12:9, My favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness. Now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me.