Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Board

V.I.P.

Prayer Board

Hey Brothers in Christ and weights! I am new here and love this forum here. My wife and I are a big part of intercessary prayer at church. What I would love is that any of you have a need bring it to me here and we will get that need straight to the throne room of God. We will intercede for you and keep on until something is answered. We are prayer warriors and serve an awesome God who is still in the miracle buisness. So please no matter how big or small put the prayers up and consider them prayed for. When a prayer is answered post it up so next time we struggle with something we can all see how God answers prayers. Very encouraging!!! I thank God for crossing my path with the MC!!!

Re: Prayer Board

Love it! Thanks bro.

V.I.P.

Good Morning Brothers and Sisters
    I came across this in my daily devotion. It was a bit convicting and very true for all of us.
    The word HAPPINESS envokes visions of un-wrapping gifts on Christmas morning, strolling hand in hand with the one you love, being surprised on your birthday, responding with unbridled laughter to a comedian, or vacationing in an exotic local. Everyone wants to be happy; we make chasing this elusive ideal a life long pursuit: spending money, collecting things and searching for new experiences. But if happiness depends on our circumstances, what happens when the toys rust, loved ones die, health deteriorates, money is gone, and the parties over? Often happiness flees and despair sets in. ( Bare with this is does get better! Lol) In contrast to happiness stands JOY. Running deeper and stronger, joy is the quiet, confident assurance of God's love and work in our life- that HE will be there no matter what!!! HAPPINESS DEPENDS ON HAPPENINGS--- BUT JOY DEPENDS ON CHRIST.. Everyone have a blessed day!,,

there is an old saying "happiness is not having what you want ..it is wanting what you got."
    I often think that people forget that.
    you should not get up saying I want this, that, and the next thing.
    it should start with , hey I woke! that is a good start..
    I have a roof over my head, I have breakfast in the fridge. etc...
    and then you realize this ,that, and the next thing is not as important...
    don't get me wrong you should want things, otherwise you don't have a reason to work harder.. but count your blessings.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

"Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey His laws
    and search for Him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in His paths."

Psalm 119:1-3

Have been in the book of Psalms this week to raise my spirits in these days of darkness, and yes joy is much deeper than happiness, and happiness is actually blessings, so when you count your blessings you are taking account of the things in your life that make you happy...God's love and grace, my beautiful marriage to my wife, my beautiful loving daughters, our home, our jobs, food, water, air, the ability to do what we love such as training, connected with that is our health and our bodies, there is so much to be joyful for that doesn't have to do with money...if you base your happiness on material possessions then like RWUS and Xdude stated, that happiness will be short lived. My joy is in the Lord, and I am thankful for all He has blessed us with, me with, and if you sit back and ponder that, you will fill your heart with what truly matters.

Let's keep this going my brothers!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

V.I.P.

I thank God and the MC for this thread. Everyone have a great day and know we worship a GREAT GOD!!!!!!!
    Last edited by reapwhatusow; 02-25-2018 at 08:04 AM.

V.I.P.

Service was great today worship was lead by the youth ministry and was AWESOME! Today's message was good for me. And hopefully you will find this helpful. I have always had some kind of immortal complex certainly a prideful sin. Today I was slapped in the head with love by the Holy Spirit. It is not because of MY strength that I make it through day to day. God's power is what sustains us. When it comes to a spiritual battle (warfare if you will) no amount of human strength is going to suffice. When the evil one comes to distract us, put us down, and destroy us. We cannot physically fend him off. We see in II Corinth 12:9, My favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness. Now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me.

Quote Originally Posted by reapwhatusow View Post
    Hey Brothers in Christ and weights! I am new here and love this forum here. My wife and I are a big part of intercessary prayer at church. What I would love is that any of you have a need bring it to me here and we will get that need straight to the throne room of God. We will intercede for you and keep on until something is answered. We are prayer warriors and serve an awesome God who is still in the miracle buisness. So please no matter how big or small put the prayers up and consider them prayed for. When a prayer is answered post it up so next time we struggle with something we can all see how God answers prayers. Very encouraging!!! I thank God for crossing my path with the MC!!!
    Thank you bro for posting this.... this is exactly what I need currently in my life. Pray for me. I've been going thru some hard trials and tribulations and more along the way here in the near future from some bad decision making on my part from not listening and using God's wisdom. I have sunk into a deep dark depression (something that I have struggled with since a teenager) and really need some peace and joy in my life right now. Thank you brothers... and I will reciprocate the prayers as well. God bless.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

V.I.P.

God is here for you my brother! After your post I am reminded of a scripture in John 16 where Jesus says to the disciples " I have told you all this so that you may have peace in ME. Here on earth you WILL have many trials and sorrows. But take heart I have overcome the world. Big Hoss in spite of the inevitable struggles we will face, we as Christians are never alone. Jesus does not abandon us to our struggles either. If we remember that the victory has already been won, we can claim the peace of Christ in the most messed up times. Some of the worst pain is the pain we bring upon ourselves by poor choices. BH my friend and brother God holds NO condemnation against you, we ask for forgiveness, repent for our choices to maybe consult in God before our poor choices. And our slate is wiped clean. I pray God that there are no more reprocussions for BH choices that you here his cries for help and it stops here, right now, I pray you lift this burden from my brothers shoulders right now in the name of Jesus. Jesus I'm reminded of your own words in Matthew that states " Come to ME all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light. I pray all this in the precious name of Jesus. I will continue until you tell me this burden has been lifted brother. And I believe in the very near future if not already. I love you Big Hoss and I am pulling for you brother!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    Thank you bro for posting this.... this is exactly what I need currently in my life. Pray for me. I've been going thru some hard trials and tribulations and more along the way here in the near future from some bad decision making on my part from not listening and using God's wisdom. I have sunk into a deep dark depression (something that I have struggled with since a teenager) and really need some peace and joy in my life right now. Thank you brothers... and I will reciprocate the prayers as well. God bless.
    Hoss, you ever read the book Feeling Good? The new mood therapy book. Look into it! If you need a copy I’ll send you one in a couple weeks when I’m home. Such a good book for this subject, been there many times. Making huge improvements the last couple years.