Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Board

Re: Prayer Board

Quote Originally Posted by rocco-x View Post
    Hey guys...
    I know I don't post here, haven't really been active on any boards I'm on under the same handle for the last few years. After I relapsed in Mar 2013 it's been a struggle, a constant uphill battle often times blaming not only others for my downfall but God as well.
    Tried here and there to clean up but it'd never last but a month or so. Wound up literally living on the streets of NY, right by MSG, panhandling to survive. Then in Sept I decided it was enuff, checked into detox and mived back to Jersey for all the problems to start over again. By Dec I had it. Couldn't go on the way I was much longer so I hit my knees and prayed...prayed just for the obsession to use to lift. Then one morning I woke up and it was gone. Finally moved to Pa with my girl and stuff just started going right.

Now I'm working at the largest aluminum plant in North America, making good money and now being trained for crane operator, which will give me more money per hour.
    I guess I just need some help in the prayer department, just to keep level headed. Just to keep the devil fromwhispering in my ear that it'll only be one more
    That I don't need to be sober to be happy. Right now just the fear of falling back into addiction is the only thing preventing me it seems. I really need God to help guide me the way he wants me to be...thanks guys.
    Good job first of all. Second of all definitely will be prayed for and supported here! Sobriety is a HUGE deal. And one many of us have dealt with. I’m wondering if your a union worker? If so you have benefits. If this is true please do yourself a favor and get some counseling. Trust me, pays big dividends and will help you tremendously. Anxiety is a bitch. You can do this.

Hey guys...
    I know I don't post here, haven't really been active on any boards I'm on under the same handle for the last few years. After I relapsed in Mar 2013 it's been a struggle, a constant uphill battle often times blaming not only others for my downfall but God as well.
    Tried here and there to clean up but it'd never last but a month or so. Wound up literally living on the streets of NY, right by MSG, panhandling to survive. Then in Sept I decided it was enuff, checked into detox and mived back to Jersey for all the problems to start over again. By Dec I had it. Couldn't go on the way I was much longer so I hit my knees and prayed...prayed just for the obsession to use to lift. Then one morning I woke up and it was gone. Finally moved to Pa with my girl and stuff just started going right.

Now I'm working at the largest aluminum plant in North America, making good money and now being trained for crane operator, which will give me more money per hour.
    I guess I just need some help in the prayer department, just to keep level headed. Just to keep the devil fromwhispering in my ear that it'll only be one more
    That I don't need to be sober to be happy. Right now just the fear of falling back into addiction is the only thing preventing me it seems. I really need God to help guide me the way he wants me to be...thanks guys.
    Prayers going out to you brother. Addiction is one of the most hardest things to kick. Ask for strength and a way out during times of temptation. Take care bro, God Bless.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Good job first of all. Second of all definitely will be prayed for and supported here! Sobriety is a HUGE deal. And one many of us have dealt with. I’m wondering if your a union worker? If so you have benefits. If this is true please do yourself a favor and get some counseling. Trust me, pays big dividends and will help you tremendously. Anxiety is a bitch. You can do this.
    Yeah I'll be in the United Steel Workers union after 6mnths, so by Aug I'll be in. One of the great things about my job is we have a fully stocked gym on site AND a weekly AA meeting on Thu nights at 6. I found a few NA meetings in about a 20mi radius too. We work alternating days so on my off nights I hit one up.

Yeah I'll be in the United Steel Workers union after 6mnths, so by Aug I'll be in. One of the great things about my job is we have a fully stocked gym on site AND a weekly AA meeting on Thu nights at 6. I found a few NA meetings in about a 20mi radius too. We work alternating days so on my off nights I hit one up.
    There you go man! Get that accountability.

V.I.P.

You are right where you need to be Rocco my brother. I myself used to be a homeless heroin addict. Sober since 1994 all glory to God for that my friend. He found me rolling around in the mud at the lowest point of my life. I have never looked back. Sound to me like HE did the same for you. DELIVERED!!! The closer our walk with God is my friend the harder it'll be for that snake to worm his way in to our thought life. Any time we make strides for the kingdom the devil will come at you harder. Stay in the Word in Psalms 119 It says I have hidden your Word in my heart that I may not sin against thee. When you come under attack God loves and the devil hates when you quote scripture. It works to say out loud In Jesus's name you must go devil. I'm telling you Rocco DO It, it works brother. Know this brother that I will lift you up in prayer daily. I love you man! If you ever need to talk pm me your number and I'll call you. Stay sober my new friend

V.I.P.

Mr. Rocco you ok brother? Praying daily for God's presence in your life

V.I.P.

Don't forget guys whatever the struggle is God is there for you! We serve an awesome God who to this day is still in the miracle business. I have a date for rotator surgery. It'll be on the 27th of this month.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reapwhatusow View Post
    Don't forget guys whatever the struggle is God is there for you! We serve an awesome God who to this day is still in the miracle business. I have a date for rotator surgery. It'll be on the 27th of this month.
    We are in it with you my brother, keeping the prayers alive. Our dear friend just had a double Mastectomy on Thursday and is recovering, and my oldest daughter was in a car accident on Tuesday...she is ok just that she now lives in Oregon and we are 10 hours away, so when she was in the hospital with a concussion, numbness in the right arm, and stabbing pain from her neck to her middle back all we could do is drop and pray, and she is recovering better than anticipated. Life can change in a spilt second, but our Fathers love and grace is always there for us for comfort, peace, and in these times our faith grows...because we see God is in control, and He knows better and is greater than us. Our friend still has chemo in 8 weeks, but our life/bible study group and church family are praying and will be helping them when the time comes. Fellowship...that is God working through us to bless each other in times of need. Love my brothers, always here for you guys.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

V.I.P.

We've been praying for your friend and also your daughter. Praying for a supernatural recovery. We've also been praying for no ill effects from the chemo. That God strengthens her and her white blood cell count. That He is able to allow her to benefit from the treatment with ZERO side effects in Jesus name we claim that for her. Please post praise reports!!!!!!!

V.I.P.

Always lifting you guys and gals up in prayer! I just got home from Az. Always an inspiration to see my dad. 84 years old and jogs or walks 5 miles a day every morning no excuses. Had a great time. Rotator surgery this Tuesday for me. I'll be out for a little bit.