Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Board

V.I.P.

Re: Prayer Board

My turn my friends. I've been dealing with left shoulder pain for along time now. Recently it's really been hurting. I got an MRI today doc told me I tore a hole in my rotator cuff. That surgery would be necessary with a 3 month PT afterwards. I need prayer for this as I'm not used to anything being wrong with me. Certainly a pride issue also. I'll keep you posted as a date is not set yet. Thanks

Prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery bro, will be keeping you in our thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by reapwhatusow View Post
    My turn my friends. I've been dealing with left shoulder pain for along time now. Recently it's really been hurting. I got an MRI today doc told me I tore a hole in my rotator cuff. That surgery would be necessary with a 3 month PT afterwards. I need prayer for this as I'm not used to anything being wrong with me. Certainly a pride issue also. I'll keep you posted as a date is not set yet. Thanks

V.I.P.

Thank you brother

We all break down. Bodies don’t last forever. You’ll be ok!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Awwe man, will keep you in my prayers brother, set backs happen, I have had some left shoulder pain and discomfort for years, but will do everything to avoid surgery...shoulder surgery is no joke, my brother-in-law just had his done and it's just a long slow recovery period. Hoping it isn't too invasive, sorry I don't sugar coat things, but in the end you will be fine. Some HGH would help with recovery .
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

V.I.P.

Thanks brother, I don't need sugar. I'll let you know when I get a date

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Brother, I think God has led you to me! I guess it's my time to minister to you! lol Seriously, I was in the same situation about a year and a half ago. I've torn both rotator cuffs; my left one has healed with scar tissue, but my right one was a different story. I too thought that I was indestructible and nothing like this would never ever happen to me..... wrong! It was a wake-up call from God. I had to have shoulder reconstruction surgery along with bicep tendon too. Long story short; God led me to a top-notch surgeon. Surgery took approx. 20-30 minutes, had to wear a sling for 6-weeks, then 20 weeks of high intensity PT. But you know, God gave me the physical, mental, and spiritual strength to get thru it, and now it's just a fading memory. The downtime allowed me to get closer to Him and re-evaluate my life and meet some cool awesome people along the way and actually witness to a few. I had an awesome therapist that actually cared about my well-being and shared some of our spiritual beliefs with each other. Real encouragement and up-lifting experience. I looked forward to those 2-3 days of week of PT! Just look to God my brother, and share with Him how you feel, whether it's good or bad or pissed off at Him. He wants to hear from you! Rely upon Him and ask for patience, strength, Godly wisdom, and encouragement. You've talked the talk, now it's time to walk the walk! God bless you my brother and I pray for you and your family to get thru this and I know you will. I pray for a speedy recovery and get back on your feet. Take care and have a blessed day!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Thanks brother, I don't need sugar. I'll let you know when I get a date

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Copy, just keep us in the loop. Just reminds me of what my coach always drills into me...train smarter not harder. The days of lifting heavy are pretty much in the past, yes you always want to challenge yourself, but you don't need extreme heavy weights for that. My coach has made me suffer with light weights just to make his point lol. Longevity my brothers, the days of excess and thinking we are indestructible are over, we need to keep our health and well-being in the forefront, make smart decisions, and take better care of our temples. God blessed us with one body, and yes it will break down if we beat it up all the time, I have some ailments I fight and train around, know to listen to your body, and as we age need to adjust training techniques...more stretching, cardio, cleaner nutrition, and less is more!!! Love my brothers here, iron sharpens iron!!!
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

V.I.P.

Thanks for your prayers. I know all will be good. After PT I do need to change my routine up. I've been heavy,heavy,heavy for years.

Hey guys...
    I know I don't post here, haven't really been active on any boards I'm on under the same handle for the last few years. After I relapsed in Mar 2013 it's been a struggle, a constant uphill battle often times blaming not only others for my downfall but God as well.
    Tried here and there to clean up but it'd never last but a month or so. Wound up literally living on the streets of NY, right by MSG, panhandling to survive. Then in Sept I decided it was enuff, checked into detox and mived back to Jersey for all the problems to start over again. By Dec I had it. Couldn't go on the way I was much longer so I hit my knees and prayed...prayed just for the obsession to use to lift. Then one morning I woke up and it was gone. Finally moved to Pa with my girl and stuff just started going right.

Now I'm working at the largest aluminum plant in North America, making good money and now being trained for crane operator, which will give me more money per hour.
    I guess I just need some help in the prayer department, just to keep level headed. Just to keep the devil fromwhispering in my ear that it'll only be one more
    That I don't need to be sober to be happy. Right now just the fear of falling back into addiction is the only thing preventing me it seems. I really need God to help guide me the way he wants me to be...thanks guys.