Thread: Support is 2 sided

Support is 2 sided

Hey guys, just sharing some thought from my head that I have written out. #justMe

"I feel when you are fully supportive, you are there to celebrate with others in the good times, achievements, bad times and suffering. Support shouldn't be 1 sided. Be there in times of good, and bad. When you carry envy with you, it will keep you from celebrating, with others when they have something to celebrate. While when they are suffering, you may be right there with them. I feel others pain, but I also feel their excitement. If you practicing empathy, try wearing both pairs of shoes. There is strength in empathy because that is like facing a fear while shaking.

The people that come out of the woodwork to see you suffer, and stand behind the wall peaking while you achieve... Those are the people that will not be able see inside your circle. To be sympathetic is a much easier than to be empathetic."
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Re: Support is 2 sided

I dig this. When connection is the primary focus of intimate relationship with friends/family/lovelife, it drives out all fear which in turn negates insecurity. Your post reminds me a ton of what we’re going through with close friends. During the process of fostering to adopt it was interrupted by a family member who has decided they want the child, which always comes first, obviously. We were once celebrating the life of this boy and now he’s leaving to be with family. Celebration and grieving both can coexist within intimacy but many are too insecure to confront tension. We’ve prioritized doing stuff for others as opposed to simply being there for them, like you said through good and bad.

Thx baby

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
    Hey guys, just sharing some thought from my head that I have written out. #justMe

"I feel when you are fully supportive, you are there to celebrate with others in the good times, achievements, bad times and suffering. Support shouldn't be 1 sided. Be there in times of good, and bad. When you carry envy with you, it will keep you from celebrating, with others when they have something to celebrate. While when they are suffering, you may be right there with them. I feel others pain, but I also feel their excitement. If you practicing empathy, try wearing both pairs of shoes. There is strength in empathy because that is like facing a fear while shaking.

The people that come out of the woodwork to see you suffer, and stand behind the wall peaking while you achieve... Those are the people that will not be able see inside your circle. To be sympathetic is a much easier than to be empathetic."
    Yes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    I dig this. When connection is the primary focus of intimate relationship with friends/family/lovelife, it drives out all fear which in turn negates insecurity. Your post reminds me a ton of what we’re going through with close friends. During the process of fostering to adopt it was interrupted by a family member who has decided they want the child, which always comes first, obviously. We were once celebrating the life of this boy and now he’s leaving to be with family. Celebration and grieving both can coexist within intimacy but many are too insecure to confront tension. We’ve prioritized doing stuff for others as opposed to simply being there for them, like you said through good and bad.

Thx baby
    Thanks for sharing, Orange. Your friends are fortunate to have you.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."