Thread: Peace over principle

Peace over principle

Just me again...rambling out my blah blahs

I value both... In some instances, I have chosen inner peace over principle. I had an experience recently where my first reaction was to go with principle and then within seconds, I chose peace. Everything turned out good, and a lesson learned for me. I have shared this with others, and have gotten different reactions.

"You should of this, or I would have that". If I would have chosen to argue, based on principle, I would have expended energy that doesn't make me feel so well. The outcome would have most likely been different too...

My first thought was to go with principle, which would have made me not accountable.

Sometimes peace may feel better for you, and other times principle will give you more peace. Whatever choice you choose, there is no right or your wrong. No blame, no shame...YOU are in control of YOU, Do what makes you feel at peace.
    "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

Re: Peace over principle

"inner peace over principle" interesting statement and completely incongruous IMHO. to have inner peace you must agree with your actions. Conflict is required sometimes.

if you are saying weighing the conflict as more value than then what you are going to argue over then I agree. In other words . if you are saying don't sweat the small stuff then OK I agree.

but true things that you care about require you to stand up. other wise it eat at you and destroy your inner peace.

my $.02
    xdude

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    "inner peace over principle" interesting statement and completely incongruous IMHO. to have inner peace you must agree with your actions. Conflict is required sometimes.

if you are saying weighing the conflict as more value than then what you are going to argue over then I agree. In other words . if you are saying don't sweat the small stuff then OK I agree.

but true things that you care about require you to stand up. other wise it eat at you and destroy your inner peace.

my $.02
    xdude

Interesting perspective, thanks. Just my thoughts here, not analyzing, just expressing

glad you understand where I am coming from

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    glad you understand where I am coming from
    Love hearing what people have to say. You made me think and I appreciate that.

Principles, ethics, morals and peace. Sometimes my principles may say that is not right, but when I take a pause, I start to see a different path. Thatbpath will usually allow me peace, but at the sme time allow me to stand by my principles. It is all how you approach the thing. I try to live in the moment. Thervis no future nobpast just this very instance in life. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, I highky recommend Peaceful Warrior. Our soldiers and Marines Navy and Airmen who are in combat have no choice but to live in the moment. Imagine for a second that for months on end, even years all you knowbis a single instance in time. There is no past no future, those concepts do not exist, have no meaning. Suddenly peace and principle mean the same thing.
    SEMPER FI, DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, STRENGTH AND HONOR, SOMETIMES THE FROST MAKES THE BLADE STICK