Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trap blasting

Re: Trap blasting

I was proven appropriate form, you need to get you in place a little bit extend your legs and trim ahead just enough so the bar isn't in contact with your body then wave away seeking back to behind your hearing. World of distinction especially if you keep and press at the top.

High pulls to lower/mid chest. If you have never done these before then expect to "feel it" the next day. Occasionally I use a standing calf raise for shrugs. This takes your arms out of the equation and you can great contraction out of the the upper traps.

I never do shrugs behind my back. It feels very unatural for me and my ass gets in the way...lol. But my general rule of thumb for trap training is "go heavy". Traps respond well to high reps witjput the danger of overtraining, for me at least. I keep my chin down (to chest). I do this for better range of motion. I dont stop at any certain number of reps. I just shrug till I cant anymore. First set is always with 315lbs. (about 25 reps), then I bump it up to 405lbs, then 495lvs. and last set I shrug 585 for a few. Love traps. Oh! Seated dumbell shrugs are fun too

Close grip upright rows and shrugs, I like doing them on the 45 degree row machine. Stand in front and you can lean slightly against the pad and it keeps you nice and stable, + the grips on the handle good and secure.

Moderate weight high reps

I forgot about the trap raise on the calf machine..that allows you to use a lot of weight and not worry about grip problems..I'm training at my local Y and believe it or not they don't have a standing calf machine. (

Snatch Pulls/ Snatch High Pulls, Power Cleans, and Conventional Deadlifts is all I do for my traps and they're not lacking whatsoever.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Snatch Pulls/ Snatch High Pulls, Power Cleans, and Conventional Deadlifts is all I do for my traps and they're not lacking whatsoever.
    Heavy dead-lifts make almost everything grow..( I'm an ex pl)

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Heavy dead-lifts make almost everything grow..( I'm an ex pl)
    Nice.... and you're quite right. Heavy deads do make everything grow (traps included). It's a shame that most men don't see to do them.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Nice.... and you're quite right. Heavy deads do make everything grow (traps included). It's a shame that most men don't see to do them.

Because there hard! Same reason joker's don't do squats.