Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutting diet info

Re: Cutting diet info

OOOOOOO, I GUESS PROTEIN POWDERS R OUT...?

I suspect Kaz will know better. however my understanding is calories are calories.. and need to reduce by 3500 (iirc) to loose a pound of fat. the first week is water so it looks great on the scale but will come back just as quickly. I take a weight before the diet, then a week after at the same time (ie friday morning) . Problem is a pound is 16 ounces ,and a 250lb guy can drink 16 ounces of water and not even think about it.Measuring in the morning can proved a more level amount of dehydration for lack of better terrm. this is also very important to remember when you weighing your self and you lost a lot of nothing.. be honest with your self and ask are you thirsty.? so 245 becomes 243 -247 deoending on a couple large glasses of water ...however you need to figure out how much you burn...

at 250 you need 2000- about 2500 calories.. so again this is a ball park a 500 calorie deficit a day is 1lb a week

So my advice is make a plan , keep a log ,start with about 2500
    buy some of those meal containers... ( check amazon)
    keep it simple like meat and a veagie .
    look at the local flyer to find out what meat is on sale. make a couple of days worth of meals on Sunday and try to do one mid week since fresher food is better.
    again we have a lot of wiggle room, you but you need to get proportion under control.. but don't weigh to the gram ,
    also the best part is you can just check off one of your meals as say 450 calories...and it makes it easier to log .

so second week to third week you can get a first reading..
    1) are you thirsty?
    2) how much did you loose .?
    you loose 2 lbs you are good, 3 or more and you need to bump your calories up otherwise you could slow the metabolism.

repeat every week, and eventually you will get a pretty good ball park of you calories per day based on your life style.

but this is again going to be a ball park.. one day you clean out the garage, the next weekend you binge watch something on Netflix
    the important thing is to pace your self and don't sweat the micro calories ..

Quote Originally Posted by NYJACK View Post
    I have heard of people using a little Peanut butter,mcl or coconut oil in their protein shakes

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    I have heard of people using a little Peanut butter,mcl or coconut oil in their protein shakes
    yes natural p butter or grape seed oil etc..you can go higher calories on keto because protein requires more calories to digest so less net calories. Palumbo's diet is a good place to start or I can share mine although I have a genetic gift of building muscle on very low calories. So you may need to adjust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NO you can use it, I use it a lot because of decrease appetite due to age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    yes natural p butter or grape seed oil etc..you can go higher calories on keto because protein requires more calories to digest so less net calories. Palumbo's diet is a good place to start or I can share mine although I have a genetic gift of building muscle on very low calories. So you may need to adjust.
    trick is get the Peanut butter to mixin and not stick to the side ..
    great with Chocolate flavor whey

I wanna thank you guys ten fold for the "priceless advice" n, um gonna go over all of it with a fine tooth comb before finally deciding how to play it. But 2,500 cal N VIRTUALLY NO CARBS 6 DAYS EW, and 1 carb loading day. N correct me if im wrong but fats are ok. Ok great to beback on MC

I wanna thank you guys ten fold for the "priceless advice" n, um gonna go over all of it with a fine tooth comb before finally deciding how to play it. But 2,500 cal N VIRTUALLY NO CARBS 6 DAYS EW, and 1 carb loading day. N correct me if im wrong but fats are ok. Ok great to beback on MC
    Fats are essential most people don't get enough.Get the plan together and then press forward, let us know how your doing. "journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

couple of pointers...
    1) spices are your friend... there is only so many chicken breast you can eat in a row... get some spices to make it vary
    2) herbal tea is also a friend -- 0 calories and flavor ... beats carbonated beverages .
    3) look out for hidden carbs ,, sauces ketchup and barbaque sauce... which gets you back to 1

Banned

When I want to lose fat I use old school clenbuterol.