Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I lifting enough?

Re: Am I lifting enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    Well my last leg day was still with my high volume routine. I trained hard still with the lower volume now but I just don't feel sore at all. I'm gonna be increasing the weight now and see what happens
    I forget what your cycle is bro I'll have to go back and look, but on my last cycle I was working out twice a day 1 in my mma gym and 1 lifting and didn't really feel sore much. Here and there on some of my leg days I would. Other times I'd double up my back workout and want to do it all again the next day

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Question: Why are you doing so much iso lifts before your big movements (squats / deads)?
    Basically to pre-exhaust, I only do it when I'm gonna be doing compound movements. I do it for a month of training every other month. When I do it on chest day though it's also to help get my shoulders warmed up real nice too

I qualified difficult still with the reduced amount now but I just don't experience painful at all. I'm going to be improving the body weight now and see what happens.....

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    Basically to pre-exhaust, I only do it when I'm gonna be doing compound movements. I do it for a month of training every other month. When I do it on chest day though it's also to help get my shoulders warmed up real nice too
    I really don't understand the pre-exhaust thing is that just for getting cut....you have to excuse me I've always been a powerlifter never messed around with small movements too much and never before a compound movement

V.I.P.

There are different ways people try and use the pre-exhaust system of muscle building. A good example is with legs. Do seated leg extensions and when that exercise is done go and do squats or leg presses. The Idea here is to make your quads tired so that when you do squats they have to work harder. With any body part do the isolation exercise first followed by the compound exercise. The main two ways people do the exercisees are these, You can do a set of leg extensions immidately followed by a set of squats or finish all the sets of leg extensions and then go and do all the sets of squats. The Idea is to overload the target muscle group so it has to grow, in the leg example thats the quads. I hope this helps.

NYJACK here n all I can say is look into the Mike Mentzer school of weight training. I trained for 8yrs n kept getting stuck in every way 90% of ppl would have given up. But once I read his teachings n ordered one of his books I finally broke thru. I confess I did not follow his regimens to the letter cause he advocated 100% healing b4 every workout n the rest to achieve that was the hardest part, but imade it work.