Thread: Breast Milk for bodybuilding

Breast Milk for bodybuilding

Ok this one surprised me. I saw this on Netflix this weekend . They have a new series called "unwell". Talks about various alternative medicines and some of the down sides.well episode 3 was on breast milk. They had a women that was a hyper lactator. and she said she produce typically 70 oz every morning ( WOW) anyhow she sells and donates breast milk . mostly to women who can not produce enough ( good for her, Seriously how can you say anything bad about feeding infants ) . But then they talked to a bodybuilder that was taking it as a supplement. BTW if you are doing this, a lab did tests on some of places that were selling it , and the results are very disgusting.
    I could understand more if you knew the source. but I would also think that would make it weird too.

But are any of you doing this ?
    the other thing is wouldn't breast milk be higher that estrogen?

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: Breast Milk for bodybuilding

Gross and heck no, that is going to extreme IMO
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

A fetish- I think those guys also like to wear diapers and be spanked. 🤣

the guy they interviewed seemed fairly normal, then again the true freaks always do.
    I was grossed out by the idea myself. but then again, if you think about isn't cows milk just as gross.
    I don't know

Funny Stuff SFDan! And Elsy would not be happy with you X.
    Last edited by GhostProfit; 08-17-2020 at 09:27 PM.

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

I would do it if the source delivered direct -Pops

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    I would do it if the source delivered direct -Pops
    as always, you are checking the sources for quality
    thanks for looking out for us OD ....LOL

as from a previous post "testing continues ..".

Breast milk—it’s the first source of food a human consumes from the time of birth. No one can deny the benefits it provides to the growth of a baby, spanning from gut maturity to brain development. It has even been considered “liquid gold,” given the nutrients found in the milk and how they can help a baby’s advancement. While breast milk is essential for infants, another group of people are banking on its superfood-like abilities—bodybuilders.

Yes, you read that right. Instead of using water or other resources to provide nutrients and supplements in their protein shakes, bodybuilders are turning to breast milk in order to achieve muscle gains and get into shape. Netflix’s newest docuseries, (Un)Well, expands on the idea, taking a deep dive into the ethics of buying human milk and using it for personal gain, rather than for its original, much more needed use. “Breast milk did well for me in the past,” James “JJ” Ritenour, an amateur bodybuilder says in the documentary. “Why couldn’t it do the same again?”

Pounding mom milk for gains is leading a handful of bodybuilders to try using it to put on more muscle, arguing that the substance has special properties that make it superior to just about any other food.

“I think the idea behind drinking breast milk for muscle growth is that it’s incredibly calorie and nutrient dense, and it has some additional healthy substances,” says Brian St. Pierre, a sports dietitian with Precision Nutrition. “Breast milk is designed to rapidly grow a human baby, so maybe people think a similar effect will happen to fully grown humans?”

A cup of breast milk contains about 170 calories a cup (20 more than whole milk), 10 grams of fat, 16 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of protein (5 less than whole milk), as well as vitamins and minerals. “Interestingly, there are also several growth hormones in breast milk,” says St. Pierre. “Although I’m not sure that they actually benefit a human adult in any way.”

Scientists and trainers agree that taking in more nutritious calories than you burn, eating enough protein, and regularly performing smart workouts are what drives muscular growth. So, yes, adding a nutrient and calorie dense liquid to your diet can help you gain muscle as long as you’re training. No question. But breast milk? Not the smartest idea, says Marc Halpern, a registered dietitian based in Salt Lake City.

This content is imported from {embed-name}. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
    First, it’s hard to come by, says Halpern. You can’t just pick up a gallon of breast milk at the local supermarket on the way home from work. Many bodybuilders buy their milk off websites like Facebook, Craigslist, or Reddit, or they barter with a pregnant woman (talk about awkward conversations). Second, breast milk is expensive, averaging about $1.50 an ounce, according to The Human Milk Banking Association of North America, an organization that banks milk for mothers who cannot produce breast milk.

Breast milk is also only as good as the diet and general health of the person who produces it, explains Halpern. “Breast milk generally isn’t regulated—if the woman has a terrible diet the breast milk will be terrible quality,” he says. “And diseases like HIV can be transmitted through breast milk.” What’s more, because you’re oftentimes buying the milk off of people who may pump it in their homes and not a controlled, sterile environment, the milk can be contaminated.

Science agrees: A study conducted by Nationwide Children's Hospital in found that out of 101 samples of breast milk purchased online, 10% of them were "topped off" with cow's milk or baby formula. In addition, 75% of the samples had pathogenic or disease-causing bacteria/viruses in it, adding more risk to infants who suffer from pre-existing conditions.

“We were surprised so many samples had such high bacterial counts and even fecal contamination in the milk, most likely from poor hand hygiene. We were also surprised a few samples contained salmonella,” said Sarah A. Keim, PhD, principal investigator in the Center for Biobehavioral Health at Nationwide Children's Hospital. “Other harmful bacteria may have come from the use of either unclean containers or unsanitary breast milk pump parts.”

You work harder to get ahold of this supplement, pay an exorbitant amount for it, and put yourself at risk of sickness by taking it. Some guys could probably rationalize all of that if breast milk really helped them pack on mass. Just look at the popularity of steroids.

But, most importantly, there’s just no evidence to suggest that breast milk is a magic muscle builder, says St. Pierre.

“Could breast milk help you build more muscle? I don’t think anyone knows, and it’s never been studied, but all you’re going on is very rare anecdotes from online forums (note: a terrible source). Is it possible? Of course. Is it likely? No. Are there easier and cheaper ways to get nutrients that help you put on muscle? Absolutely. This stuff probably just isn’t special, and it’s not worth the hassle, risk, or money.”

An easier, cheaper nutrient and calorie-rich liquid is a Super Shake, says St. Pierre. In a blender combine: four to eight ounces of liquid like water or milk (cow’s, almond, or soy), a scoop of whey protein, a handful of fruit (like a banana or berries), a handful of vegetables (like spinach of kale), a thumb size portion of healthy fat (like peanut butter), a few ice cubes. Blend. That packs in anywhere from 400 to 700 calories, with loads of healthy fat, carbs, protein, and vitamins and minerals. Plus, you don’t have to go out of your way to get anything in it.

Hello. Thank you very much for sharing the information, I also wanted to try this method for a long time and I would also like to try another option for fast and effective muscle building. I think you will be interested, this is tri tren 200 quality steroids here in an American online store and they just work great on my body.