Thread: OMAD Diet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question OMAD Diet

For the past month I have moved to eating OMAD "One Meal A Day" at dinner, eating quite healthy mix of all macros and putting away some decent calories. Things I have noticed :

1. Super focused during the day at work.
    2. Hungry pains went away after the 1st week.
    3. Averaging two pounds a week weight loss.
    4. Bloat is WAY down
    5. Mental and physical overall well being has improved.
    6. Trouble getting through workouts in the afternoon as I would have if eating small meals all day.

I like the way I feel so I am going to stick to it.

#5 Above - I can mainly attribute to just the change in diet and exercise activity.
    #6 Above - I need some advise on what I could do to improve the workout issue? Maybe eat something with carbs 30minutes before getting to the work out? It would be very close to my evening meal so I wouldn't be effecting the "OMAD" concept very much.

Anyone with experience on OMAD or has suggestions to battle #6 would be greatly appreciated!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: OMAD Diet

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post
    For the past month I have moved to eating OMAD "One Meal A Day" at dinner, eating quite healthy mix of all macros and putting away some decent calories. Things I have noticed :

1. Super focused during the day at work.
    2. Hungry pains went away after the 1st week.
    3. Averaging two pounds a week weight loss.
    4. Bloat is WAY down
    5. Mental and physical overall well being has improved.
    6. Trouble getting through workouts in the afternoon as I would have if eating small meals all day.

I like the way I feel so I am going to stick to it.

#5 Above - I can mainly attribute to just the change in diet and exercise activity.
    #6 Above - I need some advise on what I could do to improve the workout issue? Maybe eat something with carbs 30minutes before getting to the work out? It would be very close to my evening meal so I wouldn't be effecting the "OMAD" concept very much.

Anyone with experience on OMAD or has suggestions to battle #6 would be greatly appreciated!
    Never heard of this diet, but yes I would either add a preworkout meal or slam a carb drink like Karbolyn with EAA's preworkout or just have and sip through workout. I do both but I train at 5am, protein shake at 4am, preworkout drink at 4:30am, then have my carb and EAA drink sipping through training.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Sounds interesting - but I have nothing to offer .Keep us posted - Thanks-Pops

I remember hearing that Stallone for demolition man was on a meal every 3 days , and the rest of the time protein drinks ...
    I did a google search for it , and can not find it ...
    latest thing I can see is a couple cookies, brown rice, egg whites and 25 cups of coffee with honey...
    Funny did not get the impression he was caffeine tweak-er ...he seems to mellow for that.