Thread: Tom Pince at 52

Tom Pince at 52

wow , kind of a surprise and kind of not. I saw an interview with him recently and he had kidney failure, got a transplant and that failed as well. It apparently had nothing to do with Roids, it was genetic disorder that was destroying his kidneys...Still sad

Re: Tom Pince at 52

V.I.P.

It still blows my mind how a national level guy can go from looking what he looked like at his peak to looking so normal in street clothes. You would never know that he at one time was up on stage with some big names. In comparison to say bob chicarello (sp?) who still looks like a big guy in a suit.

I understand that at some point priorities change and so you choose different things in life. And based on his other health issues I am sure that probably made things very hard.

But it makes me wonder sometimes why even at 52 I continue to try and push my body to look better and am never satisfied with where I am at or how I look. I am not sure that is a good thing or a bad thing. I have gotten better in my years with not being so hard on myself and have come to the realization I will never have a national level physique, so I don’t stress about it much. But I still train hard, track what I eat, and try to continue to improve, for no real reason other than myself I guess.

Guess I wonder at times is it worth it. Should I not be focused on it so much and instead turn that focus elsewhere into other things in life. Part of me says no as hopefully it is keeping me somewhat healthy and I do enjoy it. I like other things like motorcycles, cars, family, all at the same time so don’t feel like I am neglecting other parts of life and enjoyment. But I am sure at some point there will come a time that I can’t even keep my current physique no matter how hard I try. So were all the years worth it. Just talking out loud as I think only I can answer that.

Post got me thinking lol

Ltyson

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltyson View Post
    It still blows my mind how a national level guy can go from looking what he looked like at his peak to looking so normal in street clothes. You would never know that he at one time was up on stage with some big names. In comparison to say bob chicarello (sp?) who still looks like a big guy in a suit.

I understand that at some point priorities change and so you choose different things in life. And based on his other health issues I am sure that probably made things very hard.

But it makes me wonder sometimes why even at 52 I continue to try and push my body to look better and am never satisfied with where I am at or how I look. I am not sure that is a good thing or a bad thing. I have gotten better in my years with not being so hard on myself and have come to the realization I will never have a national level physique, so I don’t stress about it much. But I still train hard, track what I eat, and try to continue to improve, for no real reason other than myself I guess.

Guess I wonder at times is it worth it. Should I not be focused on it so much and instead turn that focus elsewhere into other things in life. Part of me says no as hopefully it is keeping me somewhat healthy and I do enjoy it. I like other things like motorcycles, cars, family, all at the same time so don’t feel like I am neglecting other parts of life and enjoyment. But I am sure at some point there will come a time that I can’t even keep my current physique no matter how hard I try. So were all the years worth it. Just talking out loud as I think only I can answer that.

Post got me thinking lol

Ltyson
    WE all need obsessions to make us feel ALIVE. Whether is competing in different sports - mountain climbing etc etc .But stay healthy and watch your bloodwork. Eat right - take time to relax but monitor things like BP-Glucose levels - pulse Ox - all these you can do at home .AM in his section has laid out a bunch of valuable info and it is great having him here with us. I have friends that collect stamps- go fishing -read books - but I prefer hiking places like the Grand Canyon - doing 16-day trips rafting some of the biggest white water out there. People think I am nuts!! All I can tell you is I am 70 years old - still chasing the wife and LOVING it -be smart -but SMILE and KNOW you are LIVING AND LOVING LIFE -Pops

you guys know he had kidney failure right?

he had to give up lifting, and stick to a diet and was probably doing dialyses every couple days .
    he had the transplant, and his genetic disorder took out the transplant