Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: imac vs home pic/macbook vs labtop

imac vs home pic/macbook vs labtop

ok guys.. like i have said, im behind with tech stuff and especially computers..

i have a gateway computer and i hate it.. should i ditch it for a imac? something else? or just keep the crap

i want another lab top, i gave the wife my sony vario

what should i get a macbook pro? ipad? something alot cheaper like a dell?

i could look this up but i would rather get opinions from average guys then some computer review writer.

muscle-research 10% discount code: cheaper

Re: imac vs home pic/macbook vs labtop

The iMac is awesome but if your not very good with computers it can be a little hard to use at times. Best thing to do is to go to the tutorial groups at the apple store and they show you how to use your shit properly without the headaches. you won't be disappointed with an iMac they run so much better than PCs

As for lap top it depends on what you use it for, personally I'd just get a hp laptop

I can never get into Apple computers. I like ASUS laptops. Dell is good for a workhorse and nothing else, it's all i've used for 8 years in business. But for playing and surfing I like ASUS. But with Apple computers you definitely won't have to worry about issues, just got to learn to use it.
    Last edited by Ecto; 08-16-2012 at 06:28 AM.

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Exactly what Manny said,Go all Mac-Iphone-Ipad and desktop-I even have an extra pad for those special pics and vids. Most of the time ppl dont even know your are rolling vid.MAC is great-OD

Now if you was a Gamer. You just can't beat overclocking an Intel chip on your desktop. The speed cannot be matched on a Mac desktop. LOL, sorry I had to throw that in there, I hate Apple.

I am all mac! everything talks to each other....it's great. calendars, music, photos, contacts...etc. it is the best! iphone, power mac, powerbook, ipad, apple TV...ipod. Guess I drank the cool aid...and the stock is very nice as well.

Don't get an iPad. They suck! That's what I've got and I hate it. I can't watch any shows on it (no Flash), quite a few websites won't even load on it, very hard to type on, you can't download or upload anything (mp3s, jpg, etc), and a lot of forums won't work without special apps. Also, you still need a laptop to set it up and to perform updates! Bullshit!

thanks guys i most likely am going to stick to my gateway home pc for a few more years, unless it breaks down. im to cheap to buy a new one yet

what im really up in the air about is what labtop to get, thats what ill be buying soon

i already had a sony varo and i didnt like it to much

muscle-research 10% discount code: cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Don't get an iPad. They suck! That's what I've got and I hate it. I can't watch any shows on it (no Flash), quite a few websites won't even load on it, very hard to type on, you can't download or upload anything (mp3s, jpg, etc), and a lot of forums won't work without special apps. Also, you still need a laptop to set it up and to perform updates! Bullshit!

I told you to jailbreak it and you can download straight to it.

But yeah I'm not a big fan of the iPad for that $ I'd rather get a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    thanks guys i most likely am going to stick to my gateway home pc for a few more years, unless it breaks down. im to cheap to buy a new one yet

what im really up in the air about is what labtop to get, thats what ill be buying soon

i already had a sony varo and i didnt like it to much
    Well with the laptop like I said it depends what you want it for... I prefer a hp laptop for the price and versatility but I do like the MacBooks a lot

With your pc you can basically make a new one buy getting a external hard drive, and a new operating system onto it, such as Linux or windows 7. You can even get a new motherboard for fairly cheap as well if you can manage to install it yourself. I still have my pc from 99 lol still works great but I keep upgrading the internals and operating systems to keep the cost down. I have a iMac as well.