Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best secure email

V.I.P.

Re: Best secure email

Just as an example I will share this little story.

In 1982 I was in the Air Force and we had just gotten our computers on the Arc Net (Thats what the internet was called when it first became avaiable). We were searching around to find out what was on it. Back then all the addresses were 7 digit numbers, no www. stuff. We accidently wound up on the main server for Oakland International Air port. We could print out a ticket to anywhere for free. When we realized where we were we shut the computer down. We were there for maybe 3 minutes. The next day (Exactly 24 hours later) 2 FBI agents were at our shop where the computer was located wanting to know who did it. No kidding. We told them what happened and that we were all in on it. We were looking for games. They told us to stop doing that and to never do it again. We agreed and then they left. That was in 1982. Now Its more than 30 years later. I cant even guess what they can do now. I just thought Id pass this little story on from my own personal experience.

I have found safe-mail to be the best considering its free and reliable

Safe-mail

Safe-mail
    Securenym

NOT gmail or any other mainstream mail. Some do have PGP AND SSL but the fact of the matter is they have opened their kimono to the US Gov many times.

+1 for Safe-mail

But in the end, it comes down to the end user. Even a "secure" email is can be vulnerable if the user is not careful

Countermail is by far the best. Check it out.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

safe-mail is my fav

Man I hate to be "that guy" but I feel obligated.
    As someone who used to do things that really required anonymity on the net, I can tell you, hands down, you don't want to use safe-mail, hush mail, crypto cloud, etc.
    You have two options, period:
    Tormail, on the tor network
    (Don't bother, pita)

Anonymousspeech.com, pro membership, paid anonymously with a WU transfer or cash in mail.
    And then check your anonymousspeech email using a VPN.

Safe-mail and hush will do nothing for you if LE wants your email. Anonymousspeech will.

Quote Originally Posted by SlevinsBrother View Post
    Man I hate to be "that guy" but I feel obligated.
    As someone who used to do things that really required anonymity on the net, I can tell you, hands down, you don't want to use safe-mail, hush mail, crypto cloud, etc.
    You have two options, period:
    Tormail, on the tor network
    (Don't bother, pita)

Anonymousspeech.com, pro membership, paid anonymously with a WU transfer or cash in mail.
    And then check your anonymousspeech email using a VPN.

Safe-mail and hush will do nothing for you if LE wants your email. Anonymousspeech will.
    You are absolutely correct and have valid points regarding safe-mail and hushmail, but i do not view the tor network as the safe-haven for email security as well as privacy. There have been security leaks in tor itself and it has yet to fulfill the image that it presents. Nevertheless, the service is a respectable one but exit nodes can and have been monitored.

For the extremely paranoid (vendors, distributors, remailers, whatever) Emails should not be stored on servers for any longer than necessary. For example, you can run message filters (using programs such as thunderbird) and move all messages to a local folder and then encrypt them (truecrypt for example), and then store them on an encrypted USB. This is a little bit overboard but I consider my privacy and anonymity as the most important things, especially in this type of business.