Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything tastes like shit

Everything tastes like shit

I swear the hardest part about bodybuilding is having to constantly eat. I’m at the point where nothing tastes good and even the thought of food is nauseating.

what are you guys doing to combat this and get past this???

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Re: Everything tastes like shit

You test again for the virus ? That is one of the signs .Otherwise - join the boat - if it tastes good - it will make you fat .Plus- you have to buy almost pure organic and fresh or it IS SHIT -lol-Pops

Tested again couple weeks ago, negative. You’re right though, my sense of taste hasn’t been the same since I did get it, everything tasted salty as fuck and nothing tastes good. I gotta figure something out quick, 210lbs to 192 right now.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Eating is the hardest part, food for us is not for pleasure, it's for a purpose and that is how I look at it. As Rich Piana would say "just eat the fucking food" lol. I have had sinus issues now for over a year, my sense of smell has been off due to my nose getting plugged up all the time, hard to eat, drink, sleep, train when you can't breathe out your nose. My nose is now dependent on Afrin, but back to my point yeah sense of smell isn't all there, not due to COVID but I still just get the food down.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

I hear ya MA, just wished there was a way to make it more enjoyable again. I dread even looking at food right now. I’m thinking about ordering up some MK677 to see if that will help with appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by knights View Post
    I hear ya MA, just wished there was a way to make it more enjoyable again. I dread even looking at food right now. I’m thinking about ordering up some MK677 to see if that will help with appetite.
    It can, EQ can too, as well as some peptides, but I would just start with 3 whole food meals a day and add 2 shakes in-between meals to get your protein, find a condiment you enjoy, I can't live without BBQ sauce, get creative with spices, at this point it's just getting food and nutrients into you. Order some protein from my buddy here www.holmesnutrition.com, get the Cookies and Cream, you will LOVE the taste, he give a recipe for protein muffins or cakes with it, it's like the only protein I have had success using in baking...you can get muffins down for a snack lol. They are awesome, protein is awesome, just need to get creative brother. Here to help you anytime, you have my number.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Eating is the hardest part, food for us is not for pleasure, it's for a purpose and that is how I look at it. As Rich Piana would say "just eat the fucking food" lol. I have had sinus issues now for over a year, my sense of smell has been off due to my nose getting plugged up all the time, hard to eat, drink, sleep, train when you can't breathe out your nose. My nose is now dependent on Afrin, but back to my point yeah sense of smell isn't all there, not due to COVID but I still just get the food down.
    Get off the Afrin -you will end up with tumors !!! Pops

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    Get off the Afrin -you will end up with tumors !!! Pops
    I know, I am working on it...

afrin will also make you dependent on it. Eventually you need it to just breathe and worse eventually it doesn't work.
    Have you got it looked at MA, I had to get surgery on my sinus for a polyp . once it was remove I could control the sinus infections to something reasonable ( 2-3 a year )
    it was huge too... filled my sinus cavity and was basically a sack of warm water in dark of my sinus..so as you can imagine it was a breading ground for viruses and bacteria.
    I can now control this with fluticasone ( to keep polyps under control) and Netty pot for the most part.

have you tried a netty pot to flush out the sinuses, it takes longer than afrin, but it is less harsh. less bleeding .
    I recommend a ceramics one
    NeilMed Nasaflo Porcelain Neti Pot, 50 Count is the one I use

I was addicted to Afrin myself for over a year, I ended up taking Sudafed with pseudoephedrine to wean off the afrin, may be worth a shot MA! I would use the Sudafed during the day and only use the afrin right before bed, then eventually I only used the afrin in one nostril before bed and getting off of it altogether.